2 year agreement never authorized
Deadstroke

In January I upgraded my internet plan online but did not select the 2 year agreement option.  Happened to look online at my services and it lists a 22 month agreement ending 1/2017.  I called the customer service line and was told there was nothing she could do but offer me an additional $5 per month off my bill.  Requested that her supervisor call me the next day.  This while I am getting pop up ads on the verizon website that my contract has expired and I need to renew.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Looking at the reporting the issue to the BBB and FTC.  Not planning on dropping the service anytime soon, but this really bothers me that they can enter me into an agreement without my consent.

0 Likes
Re: 2 year agreement never authorized
Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

You had to have hit 2 year agreement. Because it always asks keep current contract or start new two year agreement. Even during the checkout process it has you read terms and conditions about ETF, moving and other things. 

The only way to remove this but keep the same price, is with supervisor approval. A supervisor can take up to 5 days to get back to you. I have only talk to a supervisor once. The best time is to call in the mornings and Tuesdays through Thursdays. Call around 10am. The rep can't transfer you. But a supervisor will call you back. 

0 Likes
Re: 2 year agreement never authorized
Deadstroke

I was keeping my current contract because there was no financial incentive to agree to a two year contract.  At no point did I agree to a new two year agreement.  

Thanks for the information about contacting a supervisor.

0 Likes