Re: $400 Visa Gift Card Not Received
Vebron
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I recently bought a new home.  Around November of last year I called in to get TV and internet service.  At the time there was a promotion for a $400 gift card and I specifically said that I was calling for that promotion.  The representative said that he setup the account for that promotion and I would get the gift card 90 days from the start of service.  He also said that I would get free movie channels for 2 years and a free tablet.  I declined the tablet.  

We are well past 90 days and I have not received anything pertaining to the sending of my gift card.  The last time I called prior to this promotion, the rep I spoke with cancelled my account and setup a whole new account and all I was trying to do was change my plan.  I recently called to inquire about my gift card and the rep said that there was nothing noted on the account and I was not signed up for the gift card.  I advised her of the details of the call and she confirmed that I did get movie channels for 2 years but I would not get the gift card.  I MAKES NO SENSE that you would honor half of the deal and basically say "sorry".  I asked to speak with someone higher in the office and she refused and said she would have someone to call me in 24-48 hours.  It's been 96 hours and no call has been made.  Now that I get online I notice that there are several people that aren't getting thier gift cards.  I specifically started a contract because of the gift card and the plan.  I need my gift card as you promised.  I also will be notifying anyone and possibly the BBB about this.  If I didn't pay my bill you would turn my services off.  Verizon needs to honor their promotions and do the right thing.  This is REDICULOUS!!

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Vebron,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
FreemanB1

Vebron, it sounds like we are going through almost the same scenario. We moved to a new house in December, and we were signed up for the same plan, free movies for a year, Triple-Play, and were promised the $400 gift card. Fast-forward to today, and my wife calls to check on it. Turns out, the agent we spoke to at that time screwed something up, didn't actually commit us to a contract, and therefore we were never submitted for the gift card. Of course, the people we spoke with today claim there's no record of it. Of course not, since the person creating the record was the one that screwed up to begin with. They claim they'll give us the card if they talk to that particular agent, and the agent remembers the conversation. So, if the agent remembers making a mistake and admits it to their boss, we'll get the gift card.(Can you say "Conflict of Interest?")

Since there's no difference in the plan costs, and we were receiving the services, we had no reason to believe that there was any mistake in our plan. We had also only been told to expect the card within 90 days, so we didn't know to check on anything before that. Now, we are being given the run-around from agents trying to avoid paying out what we are owed. On the plus side, at least we can cancel all of our services if this isn't resolved satisfactorily within a few days, since they didn't even commit us to a contract.(And yes, for $400, that's a viable option)

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
frustrateduser9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever notice that this is the same answer to every problem inquiry and yet everyone seems to post again that the problem isn't resolved or that no one contacted them.  Hard to believe this company has any customers.

"Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent."

0 Likes
FreemanB1

It has now been three days with no contact, either through this forum or from the CSR's we spoke to on the phone that were supposedly checking on our original call. I suspect the goal is to keep denying and/or stalling in the hopes that their customers give up and stop bothering them. Unfortunately for them, I can be very stubborn about these things.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you FreemanB. We will have someone reach out to them again.

0 Likes
Sizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am wondering where is my gift card i was promissed on sign up. I started service on 12/22 and never herad a thing about it. i remember something to the efect of 90 days/3 months, and its a little over that, so i call customer service, and they tell me there is no record of a gift card???WHAT!! If i don't get my card, then i want back the payments i gave them, which total more then that!!! I agreeed to keep service for 2 years for a simple gift card which they are now trying to get out of??? NOway i have email and i thing i still have the phone conversation which i am now going to have to spend hours looking for. Who do i contact about this lie!!!!  Thanks

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sizz,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Sizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope so. After numberous atemps to get a hold of {edited for privacy}(the agent that signed me up) and getting no respone back from her over and over again .She was quick with the emails to make the sale,then leaves you dead in water. This is a few days now waiting to hear back from her. 

I sent back my reply with my account number and again never heard back from her.  I have other emails also where we talked about the gift card, plus i most likely have phone conversation recored where she sold me on the 400 holiday gift card. I was about to post more here, but will hold till i speak with her, or her higher up. Please tell me where i can send all this info to BBB? News12? The longer i wait the more i feel like i have been screwed, and its not a good feeling. I hope this is all just a over site somewhere. Thanks

0 Likes