$400 Visa
Tefoley2

I switched to Verizon bundle and two year contract in November when they ran the $400 VISA gift card promotion. I signed up on the Internet link that clearly read $400 Visa Gift Card offer. I had seen this advertised in BOLD print in the mail, in newspapers and on the web and had seen the commercials ad naseum.

After signing up on the Internet, I spoke with a rep on the phone who confirmed I would receive the gift card three months later. I also received a postcard in November confirming the Visa Gift Card.

When I called to inquire about the gift card (because I had paid three months on time and the rad had not yet arrived), I was told I had not signed up for the promotion. They asked me to produce the postcard.

I told them that I would attempt to find that small piece of paper from November 2014 but had not thought it would be essential to save it because It did not occur to me that a multiple-million dollar company would not try to swindle a customer out of a high profile promotion.

This is absurd. The onus should not be on me. They know exactly what the promotion was and when it was offered.

0 Likes
Re: $400 Visa
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Jerry_Kurtz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for the same verizon fios package with the $400.00 gift card, So i hope this doesn"t happen to me.

0 Likes
DougG1

Elizabeth,

Like the original poster of this thread, I had Internet, phone, and Fios installed on Friday, December 5, 2014. The promotion offered when I requested the install was the $400 gift card.

Since the 12/5 install, I have reveived NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER about the promotional gift card. From these forums, it sounds as if NO ONE has actually received the promised gift card.

One thing that started to happen in January 2015 -- purely by coincidence, I am sure -- if that the checks my wife sends during the last week of the month -- to pay BOTH of our Verizon accounts, do not appear on our checking accoung record until 2 to 3 weeks later. Every other check we mail the same day as the Verizon checks is cleared by the beginning of the month.

As I said, this delay between mailing the checks and their clearing started ONLY in January 2015.

My suspicion is that accounts receivable has been instructed to hold these checks so that the payments will post late and, then, disqualify us for the promotion.

As I said, it is 107 days since my December 5 install, and I have had NO CONTACT FROM ANYONE WHATSOEVER regarding this promotion -- not even to be told that I am ineligible due to "late payments."

My wife and I have two residential Verizon Internet, phone, and Fios accounts, and Verizon is the carrier for both of our smartphones. Following through honestly and fairly with an offered promotion would go a long way to restoring some good  satisfaction, maybe even goodwill among your numerous obviously disgruntled customers.

Maybe you could arrange for someone to contact me as well.

Thanks,

dg

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DougG,

Have you contacted Verizon Customer Support to inquire about the status of your card?  You may reach them through Contact Us.

0 Likes
DougG1

I have, Lawrence; that's how I initially found these forums. You must admit it's a challenge to determine the exact category such a complaint/question/concern belong in ... none of the programmed categories seem to quite fit. And, and I said in my original post, I have had not response to my previous enquiries. I will, however, try again.

0 Likes
DougG1

Lawrence,

I just tried again and "spoke" with "Jennifer" on the online chat. Here's what she tells me:

{edited for privacy}

Please note, however, how many posters on these forums have also been told that their gift cards were mailed only to never receive them.

0 Likes
Jerry_Kurtz
Enthusiast - Level 2

JFYI: I did receive my $400 gift card a while ago ....THANK YOU.

0 Likes
phend13

I have not received my gift card either and the "will be sent' date keeps getting pushed back every day. I have called Verizon but am told it's on the way... that was 3 weeks ago. Please open a support case for me so I can communicate with someone regarding this.  Thank you!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pammy68,

Have you checked the status of your card at Verizon.com/rewards?

0 Likes