account issues
scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, good morning, or not. I have two issues I am hoping for help with. In general, I hate Verizon customer support, or non-support as I call it. You go to the "virtual assistant" which is useless, and then you end up in a pointless loop of non-answers or solutions.

My first problem - in my Verizon account, I have two email addresses listed, and one is clearly designated as primary, and is checked "verified" in my account profile. However, all email messages from verizon are going to my secondary email address. How can I fix that? I do not check that other email address as frequently as my primary.

Second problem - the community forum login. I have a community forum account login that is separate. If I am logged in to my regular Verizon account, then when I click on the link to take me to the community forum login, it forces me to create a new id! So, now I am on my second ID for this forum. The only way I can get to the page that allows me to select "use my community forum only id" is to log out, clear all cookies, and shut down the browser, which is Firefox BTW. If I go to the Verizon homepage and just click on communty forum, then I can get that option, but now all of a sudden it is not recognizing the password I use to log in to the community only user id (yes, double checked, and it is correct). And, the password reset does not work - it tells me the id is not in their system, but when I just now set up a new id, it would not let me have that id, saying it was not available!! Then it forces me to log in to my regular Verizon account. Rinse and repeat, over and over, until I am ready to scream. 

Can anyone offer me insight and solutions to these problems? So grateful if you can!

0 Likes
Re: account issues
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

you are talking mostly to peers.  The Verizon people here are Admins for the Board.

1) Note you should be able to specify in your account that email is to go a specific EMAIL (doesn't even have to be a VERIZON (AOL/YAHOO) one.  This is however a seperate thing from which email id is your Primary.  I cannot check the specific panel anymore as I am now a Frontier customer and as such have Community only id.

2) The admins can probably merge your to ids for the Boards.  They did for me when Verizon sold my area to Frontier and I had to create a new Community only id.  Not sure if they can help you to switch to your preferred id over the one you just created.

0 Likes
scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi tns2! Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know I am talking to peers - getting through to Verizon support is virtually (see what I did there? LOL...) impossible! I have found the people here to be more helpful, actually.

1) I will go back in and recheck where but I am pretty sure that the options for where to send notices are just email or text message. I do not recall seeing a place to specify which email to use for notices. However, I will go back in a poke around and see if I missed anything!

2) How do I get the attention of an admin? And, I discovered something strange - related to this issue. Just now when I logged in to reply to you,  this new id I created is linked with my primary login - I was not able to use the "community forum ID only" option - it did not recognize this new id.  So, there seems to be some distinction - or perhaps they have phased out the old option? Something to ask the admins, once I get their attention!

Again, my thanks!

0 Likes
scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi again! Going back to issue 1 ,I did a screencap of  the communication preferences page in my account. There is nothing that specifies what email is used, which is why I am assuming it should go to the primary.  I will try and post the screencap here.

0 Likes