ACCOUNT LOCKED, cannot unlock account.
Not applicable

I have been locked out and cannot access to my webmail.  Can't reset on-line because our home phone is no longer a home phone.  We also can't supply an account number because we signed up for paperless ONE-BILL which delivers on-line bills to our verizon email account but only shows last 4 digits of our acct.  Customer service says only way for them to help is with a home number or acct number.  Asked them for some other verification method and they said there is none.  I had to create a community account to enter this post. 

I see a similar post to mine that was answered and fixed. Please help. It was locked as I entered the password incorrect too many time and need to unlock it. I found the right password. (It was saved in my old comp that crashed and just remembered it early this evening) Please unlock and answer me by the email I used for the community account as I cannot answer through my web mail!

Re: ACCOUNT LOCKED, cannot unlock account.
H3LP
Enthusiast - Level 2
you have to call customer service to have them unlock it
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Download the Verizon In Home Agent. https://care.verizon.net/iha/IHAPC.aspx You should be able to reset your password there.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I tried calling....to not avail. I just need my account unlocked so I can get my web mail.

This person had the same problem....

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account-Residential/HELP-Account-Locked-Home-Phone-Not-A-Ver...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I cannot use this as I am away (laptop broke of course) and am not connected to a verizon network.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I tried downloading the program anyway but at the login screen the same thing came up and couldnt even get into the program since my account is locked.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
H3LP
Enthusiast - Level 2
is this you myverizon or your webpage?
0 Likes
regulatethemall
Enthusiast - Level 1

5 years later, same problems unsolved. Verizon is clueless and getting worse.

I have a similar issue, actually the same problem as this poster here:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/How-do-I-get-my-account-unlocked/td-p/695227 

The account got locked because it thinks I wrongly answered the security question.

(I tried to add my reply to above webpage, but I cannot as I cannot login to locked account. 

I'm in a Kafkaesque infinite loop/ twilight zone of incorrect webpages, as follows:

Account Locked
Your account has been locked due to too many unsuccessful attempts at answering your secret question. You can still gain access to your account. [THE TEMP PASSWORD NEVER GETS SENT AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. I know my password anyways. What a clueless, useless system!]

Send Temporary Password

Ok, so I hit Send Temporary password, and it asks for 4-digit pin aka "account security code" and it says: " Account Locked
Please contact Customer Service to access
your online account."

A similar useless, worthless webpage says:

"Account Locked Please contact Customer Service to

access your online account." But there is no way I can find to get the

account unlocked at that number and/or at *611 (which appears to be the

same automated clueless phone menu system). I'm calling from the cell phone btw. I was able to reset my 4-digit pin using the automated system, but it still

keeps account locked because it thinks I gave wrong answer to security

question. There appears to be no way to get the account unlocked by the

stupid automated system, and appears to be no way to get to a real

person except to navigate down to billing. Then you finally get to press

2 to talk to a real person, only to find out they are not there outside

business hours. Ok, so let's try the chat... oops that requires you

login, and I can't login since it locks my account. The only thing the

chat offers to do is change my password, but it does not need changing.

What I need to do is change my secret question, but you can't do that

without knowing answer to the original secret question, which is what

verizon thinks is wrong. Really? Really? I'm reporting this abuse to

various consumer protection agencies... this is too much to take.

The least they could do is tell you how long the account will be locked. What would be really nice, in an apparently utopian vision, is if a real person from Verizon called folks with locked accounts and helped them get unlocked.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi regulatethemall,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes