Account name problem
rmckay

We have been long time Verizon customers and were stunned when we switched from DSL to FIOS a couple of years back that our NAME got CHANGED- that's right, the name that's in the phone book, that is our billing name. Suddenly we were getting mail welcoming us to the neighborhood. We've been here for more than 20 years! Calling various customer service areas was a labyrinth- each one telling us that they were not responsible, or that the problem was already taken care of- it wasn't. Finally got it partially resolved by going up the chain of command but it took hours and call-backs, etc. All to fix a mistake that a FIOS order taker (outsourced) made!!! The name on the account is STILL not completely correct and I am afraid to call again for fear of having them mess it up worse. All that we need is to have a middle initial corrected. In a year our contract will be over and then we can get rid of FIOS- unless someone is able to resolve this....Doesn't it seem like the billing section of customer service should be able to handle something as simple as a wrong middle initial??? I must say that all dealings with Verizon technical support have been phenomenal including one guy staying on the line with me for a LONG time while I waited for someone in India to resolve a question that was a sub-issue. Overall though, even technical issues that should be simple to resolve take hours- I am NOT kidding! We have been approached multiple times to do the single billing option for Verizon/ Verizon Wireless. My response: no way!!! - unless of course Verizon Wireless is the one doing the entire bill. No problems there.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Account name problem
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi rmckay,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your name registered to your account, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.

AnnieS

0 Likes
Re: Account name problem
HH123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi RMcKay: Had a similar problem on the business side and it took me 17 months to finally get it corrected. I had to stay on it weekly.  What I found out was Verizon and Comcast only update their databases periodically - every 5 years or when they want to.  Ask the rep to verify your name on all of their databases.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

0 Likes