Activation Fee Not Waived
daseian

I see this is a recurring story, but here's mine:

Prior to moving to the area, I called Verizon to set up a FiOS internet installation in our new apartment. I was ordering online, but once I selected the option "I am providing my own router" the site halted the process and forced me to call an agent to order instead. 

After going through all of my order again with the agent, I asked him about the Activation Fee since I knew that, had I been able to finish my order online, the fee would have been waived. The agent promised that he would waive the fee, but he couldn't do it then and would have to take care of it the next day. 

Fast forward to my first bill. I was never contacted again about the fee waiver, and the fee is on my bill. I spoke with online support, and they told me they couldn't do anything about the fee because the agent I spoke to on the phone didn't make a note about it. 

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's entirely plausible that the agent forgot to write a note AND forgot to waive the fee, but right now I'm doubting that.

0 Likes
Re: Activation Fee Not Waived
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes