Amazon Prime + Echo promotion not working (unredeemable)
mrkoda1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've spent over 8 full hours talking with support from both Amazon and Verizon, and with my "promotion" expiring tonight, there is absolutely no resolution in sight.

I was promised an amazon echo and free year of prime for signing up for fios in December 2018. When I click the amazon prime promotional tile in My Verizon it redirects m to amazon.com showing me an error page that says the coupon has already been redeemed (it has not).

Originally I contacted amazon support and they were unable to resolve on their end because they see a coupon code that has already been used, though not by my account. They refer me to contact verizon.

After a multiple hour conversation re-stating my issue to at least 4 different customer support departments, I was told there is nothing they could do and I had to either call phone support or have amazon fix it. Then they just hung up on me.

In a last-ditch effort I work with several amazon support representatives, including a manager, in an attempt to resolve but there is nothing they seem capable of doing on their end because they are getting bad data from verizon.

Calling verizon phone support only to learn they need to call me back because now it's after 5pm and the promotions department is closed. This doesn't help me much because my promotion expires tonight, and looking at other forum posts it doesn't seem there has been much help coming from the promotions phone support team anyway.

At this point I feel like this whole thing was a scam and posting here in hopes it gets some attention and I can somehow redeem a promotion that I was contractually promised. Any help is sincerely appreciated, but I'm not expecting a whole lot.

Re: Amazon Prime + Echo promotion not working (unredeemable)
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi mrkoda,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes