Auto-pay de-enrollment
Verizonissodece

I tried switching my auto-pay settings via the My Fios app to a different card. Was fumbling around with app for about 25 minutes to no avail. Every time I tried it would re-direct to some page I didn't need. I eventually gave up and found a link to the de-enroll in auto-pay page. My thought was I could just de-enroll and re-enroll with a new card number. What in the **bleep** was I thinking that a company like Verizon whom I've been with as a cell carrier for over 20 years has proven well beyond a shadow of a doubt they are beyond deceptive. My bill was $55.93 before the autopay debacle. I successfully de-enrolled and then re- with the card of choice and didn't think twice of it. I check my morning emails and got an auto gen email from Fios stating they received my change in service request. Excuse me, what?? They increased my monthly payment to $80.93. Mind you i have just about the slowest internet option that Fios offers. 100/100. I will most likely be canceling all my Verizon services because they cannot stay true to their word.  EVER.  I will not be contacting you via Twitter or Facebook you thieves. Absolutely ridiculous how you treat your longest running customers.  Instead of giving us proper pricing and promos, you fleece me every opportunity you all get. We as consumers are left with no choice but to bounce around year after year. Wasting our time with you good for nothing customer service associates. That in itself should be a crime. So tired of these duoplolistic industries that feign the illusion of choice. 

Re: Auto-pay de-enrollment
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, but I have to say, your post is filled with pathos.

When you sign up for new services with discounts, the Terms of Conditions and the Contract typically include something about the auto-pay requirement. When you disenroll yourself from auto-pay, you are technically breaking the agreement. Verizon can technically charge you an early-termination fee up to $350 for breaking the (probably a 24-month) contract. Instead, I believe Verizon waives it, and just moves your service to the regular price.

When you want to change something about your account, give a call to Verizon FiOS or chat with a representative.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You won’t be charged a early termination fee for dropping auto payment.

you will incur the extra dollars you originally saved by being in paper free and auto pay. Which I believe is $10 off your service.

if you were to drop service like internet and tv and phone you leave to go elsewhere then if in a contract you would get dinged for the early termination fee up to $350 but it is less for each month you were in it so it may not be that bad.

on the account portal page http://www.Verizon.com after you log in there is a place under billing to change the card or add additional cards etc.

I do not advocate any customer to let any company have total access to their credit or bank accounts.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Verizonissodece,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes