Autopay didn't work - angry at late fees
nmarkley2014

So, a few months ago, I enrolled into Autopay to pay my Fio internet and TV bill. 

Set it up with my usual info and it went through, seemingly with no problems.

Every now and again, I would log-in and see a message saying something along the lines of 'don't pay, you're enrolled in Autopay and your bill will be paid on xx date'.

Fast track to this month, and I receive a text message from Verizon saying my payment was overdue, and the amount I owed was in the hundreds!

I log-on.

And apparently I do have a massive bill overdue. But, there is still a message telling me to do nothing, because I am enrolled in Autopay.

So, I check my payment history. And against every bill, which Verizon is claiming I haven't paid, is a green tick, showing my autopay had been accepted.

**bleep**?!

I decided to cancel Autopay altogether to see what happens, and in the end, just paid the bill in full with my Debit card.

I have no idea what's going on. And, if I owe money, I owe money. Fine. 

BUT - I am really annoyed about having to pay late fees, when this whole situation is clearly Verizon's fault and an Autopay system error.

Very tempted to leave Verizon and switch to Optimum. 

Internet isn't fast enough anyway.

0 Likes
Re: Autopay didn't work - angry at late fees
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nmarkley2014,

Sorry you are having difficulty with Autopay. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
nmarkley2014

Thanks. 

Look forward to hearing from someone. 

0 Likes
krawlerfreak
I just logged into my account and noticed the same thing what gives auto pay apparently isn't working
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello krawlerfreak

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Over the years I have seen small amounts not paid, but eventually the next bill would have it paid correctly.  So far no carry over of an overdue charge, knock on wood.

0 Likes
ArtMcK

Similar Situation. I see Verizon loves to charge "Late Fees" to customers who sign up for "Auto Pay. What "Modern" and multi billion dollare company takes 60 DAYS to Implement Auto Pay? Absolutely horrible! So while waiting for Auto Pay to take effect Verizon is able to charge 2 months of late fees! Horrible.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ArtMcK wrote:

Similar Situation. I see Verizon loves to charge "Late Fees" to customers who sign up for "Auto Pay. What "Modern" and multi billion dollare company takes 60 DAYS to Implement Auto Pay? Absolutely horrible! So while waiting for Auto Pay to take effect Verizon is able to charge 2 months of late fees! Horrible.

Until you see the message on your bill that you are on autopay DO NOT PAY, its your responsibility to continue payments,  Clearly said that when I signed up.  So you you would have late fees.

0 Likes