Bait and Switch - What a mess!
QuilterInVA

When I signed up for Verizon Fios in August, I was told the package was $79.95. I added Dvr service. When the order was emailed to me, it was for 2 TVs. I only have 1 and never told them 2. I called and they said they would fix it. They took the extra tv off and suddenly the price of my package jumped to $134.95 a month! I called about that and the young man got it down to $119.00 a month and said that was the best he could do. Then they canceled my voicemail and said I'd have to pay for it although it was part of the original package. I called and she said it was fixed and the 4th order they put through now has me up even higher in my billing.

This is very frustrating. It should have been a simple matter to remove one tv from my original bill. I do not think it is fair for me to have to pay $40 a month more for a mistake they made in the first place. I'm so sorry I left COX. At least they got the billing right.

Today I received a bill for $174. I'm on Social Security and that is $50 more than I agreed to pay on my original order.

How can I get this fixed or do I need to fill a complaint with the FCC and Better Business Bureau?

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch - What a mess!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes