Bill INBCREASED when I returned a STB
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

On June 23, after several years out of contract, I entered into a new 2-year plan in order to reduce our bills (we're recently retired and had been paying close to $300/month -- and we're about to lose HBO and Cinemax, which will cost us an ADDITIONAL $30/month). 

The new plan was $186.96/month, not including taxes (luckily, with 12 years of working with Verizon, I knew enough to take a screen capture).  This included: 

• 3 HD Set-Top Boxes  -- $26.97

• Digital Adapter (2)      -- free 

And from our email confirmation (boldface mine):

Services Ordered:Monthly Amount

Non-Published Service$4.50
Rent: 3 TV Equipment Package$26.97
Multi-Room DVR Enhanced Service$20.00
$5 Auto Pay and Paper Free Discount thru Jun 25, 2020-$5.00
Estimated Monthly Subtotal$191.46

... a few dollars more than we were originally told, but ... ok.  A week later, my wife and I agreed with a phone rep's suggestion and decided to return one of the HD set-top boxes that we seldom use, in order to reduce the price a little more. I drove it to an official Verizon FiOS equipment store.

The two days later, our plan went up  $7/month (I have not received an email confirmation).  This included: 

• 2 HD Set-Top Boxes  -- $17.98

• Digital Adapter (2)      -- $15.98

So by following the suggestion of a rep and cutting down on our service, we're being charged more.

I spoke with "Angela" at Customer Service, who said that she would escalate this to have the charge removed, and would call me back on Thursday.  She never called back, and the charge is still there.

Please, can this be escalated? We would like this new charge removed, before we cancel this agreement altogether. We are in an area where other companies are now offering equivalent packages (including gigabit and  HBO) for $40 less/month, and would prefer to stay with FiOS out of loyalty, but it's becoming more difficult.

0 Likes
Re: Bill INBCREASED when I returned a STB
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NickEspo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a follow-up and something to note for other users, first I spoke with "Brenda," who was wonderful and easily the most polite, helpful Verizon rep I've dealt with in a long time; this was a complicated issue, and she took her time to fix what she could and to suggest what needs to happen next.

Conversely, "Sylvia" (from Billing) was unprofessional and breathtakingly rude -- to the point of actually calling me a "liar" -- and refused to listen to the issue or offer any fixes. I've kept a transcript of that chat to show my wife when she gets home.

The whole interaction with "Sylvia" has completely unnerved me, to the point where -- after 12 years with Verizon -- I'm likely switching to Optimum, and I'm now looking for their best package for our needs.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If I am reading the whole thing correctly it seems before the box was returned there was a line item of FREE included.(digital adapter 2)

after you dropped the box the price of one box dropped ($17.98) it down but they (Verizon) then charged what once was FREE as now a paid items(2) digital adapters at $15.98) that is where the increase comes from. 

Hope it works out for you.

0 Likes
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It WILL work out, thanks to "Sylvia." Optimum just offered me $40 less/month with Gigabit internet (instead of 75Mbps from Verizon).  It just means I need to memorize new channel numbers.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@NickEspo wrote:

It WILL work out, thanks to "Sylvia." Optimum just offered me $40 less/month with Gigabit internet (instead of 75Mbps from Verizon).  It just means I need to memorize new channel numbers.

Wow that was quick. Oh cable gigabyte is only one way. It’s slower the other way.

but if it works for you I wish you the best. 😀

0 Likes