Billing amount sent to collections
CLawler87

Good morning,

I had an issue with a now closed/transferred account that apparently had a balance, which i discovered when i found a collection on my credit report.

I had a residential account in my name at a house, and when i was set to move out, that account was transferred to someone stil living there, who was a family member.  It was agreed that any balance would remain on the account to be paid by the person whose name the account was being transferred to.  The Verizon rep we were working with for this transfer even called the new account holder seperatly from myself in order to get permission for this to happen, and permission was given.

Months later, i recently found out there is still a $105 balance in my name.  The only notice i have of this is from the collection agency with just an amount so i dont know what this balance is for.  Despite the fact that i disagreed with there being any balance in my name, i paid the balance to the collection agency anyways since i do not want any open collections in my name.    

I spoke to the collection agency today, and they told me they will put in for the collection to be deleted off my credit report, but that it is up to Verizon to make that happen.

I would like to know what i need to do to have Verizon delete that amount as a collection on my credit report.  I don't even feel like bothering with fighting the balance, i just want the collection gone for the huge impact it just had on my credit score.

Thanks for your time and help.

0 Likes
Re: Billing amount sent to collections
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
CLawler87

I was wondering if i could re-open my support case.  It was closed to due innactivity bc i was waiting a month for my credit report to update.  Now that it has updated i would like to revist what was said.

Thanks

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please go to the link for your private support case and let us know if you can see the posts.

CLawler87

Yes i was able to repond again in my support case, thank you.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Mr. Lawler,

We're glad everything was taken care of.  If you have any other questions or need help with anything else, feel free to create another post and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Paul C.

0 Likes