Billing Dispute
SeaBiscuit66

I sent this to the Montgomery County, MD Cable Office today.  I am having a dispute with Verizon who provided me internet access.  Until May 6, 2020, I had an apartment in Bethesda.

I contacted Verizon a week or two before moving out to cancel service for the coming month and dropped off equipment that same day.  However, Verizon billing told me I would be responsible for paying for services for the coming month because the bill had already been generated 2 days prior.  In other words, I would have to pay $70.71 for the month of June 2020 even though I canceled the service and would not have access nor live in the apartment.  Due to COVID, we hadn't even been to the apartment since late March.

I have spoken to several individuals at Verizon who assured me they will handle and get back to me only to not receive a call back and continue to receive bills demanding payment.  For me, this is NOT about the money but more about the principle.  They have told me that it clearly states in my service agreement that I must cancel prior to a bill being generated or I will be required to pay the next month.  I can't find that anywhere or on their web site and I have asked them to produce that paragraph.  They talk around it saying they don't have it so I doubt it exists.

I believe this is an internal only policy to try and milk customers who are switching.  I was moving and not switching so not really relevant to me.

After this experience, I can tell you that I will never choose Verizon again and I'm probably going to cancel my Verizon wireless account because of this treatment.  My view of them has changed 180 degrees!

0 Likes
Re: Billing Dispute
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SeaBiscuit66,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes