Billing issue still not resolved after over SEVEN months and numerous calls
NMB1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a billing issue that has not been resolved after making numerous phone calls speaking to customer service representatives and supervisors.  They assure me that my credits will appear on my next statement and they never appear. They assure me that a manager will return my call and no one ever does. They assure me that I will receive an email from this or that department in one to two weeks and I never receive said email. They assure me that my bill will return to "normal" at the next billing cycle and it never does.  I am so frustrated about this situation!

Signed up with Fios when a young Verizon door-to-door salesman came to my house. We were looking to switch after 25 years with another big name company. It was the perfect time and the young man and his supervisor were able to give me what I was looking for at the price I was willing to pay. Problems started the day after signing up. I was supposed to get Netflix for a year, but a day later a promotion for a free Samsung tablet came out. I called the salesman and said I wanted to switch to that promotion. He contacted his supervisor and they said that would not be a problem. Then when the technician came to install, we realized that the salesman didn't give me the cable package that we wanted. With a phone call, I got that rectified. Fast forward a month, still haven't received the tablet.  Numerous calls to salesman and supervisor. I was assured it would be mailed. It never was. I assume that the supervisor blocked my number because I could no longer leave him voicemails. Finally, receive first bill and it is not at the price I was quoted as well as what was received in confirmation emails. After a phone call to a CS rep and then to her supervisor, the billing was fixed. A credit was applied to account for the issue and the supervisor told me that she could only apply the credit for a year and that I would have to call and have it "renewed" after a year. She said it would be noted on my account.  She also "fixed" the tablet issue. Unfortunately, she couldn't change the promotion, so applied a credit to my account that would have made up the difference. Even though we really would have preferred the tablet, this was an acceptable resolution.

So, I called at the one-year mark. I was assured that the credit would be renewed. It was not. I called the following month and received credit for that month even though it was discussed that it should be a monthly credit for the remainder of my 2-year contract. So, I called back yet again. This has gone on for months. I still have not received the credit.  Also at about the one-year mark, my bill went up over $20 per month. I was locked in for a specific rate for a 2-year contract. It was not supposed to increase until that time period was up. I have been calling monthly since October trying to get this rectified. I just received my bill, and yet again, the credits have not been applied.

I have dates, times, and names of every person I have talked to over the last eight months. It is ridiculous that a company as large as Verizon can't get their act together and fix this issue! I am really about ready to jump ship and just do without. I have been very happy with my actual internet and cable service, so I don't want to cancel, but I am at my wits end trying to get this ongoing billing issue resolved once and for all! Every month, I pay my bill that is $30+ more than it is supposed to be ($20 increase plus the monthly credit) and every month I call CS and am on the phone for no less than two hours telling my story NUMEROUS times to a new rep and supervisor with no resolution. PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Billing issue still not resolved after over SEVEN months and numerous calls
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NMB,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes