Black Friday Internet Upgrade Cost me most of my Channels and my Multi-room DVR
morg3

I was month to month when the Black Friday deals came up and I had wanted to upgrade my internet so I talked to one of the Verizon representatives over chat for a couple of hours that day.  I gave my list of must have channels and my desired internet speed and asked if we could get a deal close to what I pay now.  The representative played around with some options and ensured me that they had a deal that raised my bill slightly but gave me everything I needed.  Sounds like a deal to me, so I signed up.  Come to find out when the tech came over to install the internet that now all of my sports channels are gone, including ESPN and MLB Network that were on my must have list, and my multi-room DVR is also gone.  I got back on with the representatives over chat, talked with one person that provided no help, and then to their supervisor that was also of no help.  That chat took over four hours to come up empty.  They wouldn't even let me go back to the deal I had before and now I'm locked into a 2-year deal with no way to watch one baseball game.  The only way I can get out of the deal is to now pay a $300+ early termination fee for a plan I never wanted.  I’ve been a Verizon customer for years, but maybe it’s because I never had a problem before.  It’s unbelievable that they can lie to you , waste hours of your time, and there is no recourse. 

0 Likes
Re: Black Friday Internet Upgrade Cost me most of my Channels and my Multi-room DVR
jonjones1
Legend

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search and complain to them. They may be able to assist.

0 Likes
Re: Black Friday Internet Upgrade Cost me most of my Channels and my Multi-room DVR
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi morg,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes