Bundle Auto-Renew Inconsistent Information
guy_from_space

My triple-play bundle was set to expire soon, and  I did not want to renew, so I called 1-800-VERIZON to make sure the bundle did not auto-renew.  The person I spoke to told me that I did not need to do anything, and that the services would simply expire.  Today I returned by equipment to a local office, and they told that this was not true, and that I would continue to be billed if I did nothing.  I'm not sure if this is some kind of scam or the people on the phone just don't have their facts straight, but if you want to cancel your services, make sure someone actively cancels it.

0 Likes
Re: Bundle Auto-Renew Inconsistent Information - Actually, Inconsistent Definitions
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@guy_from_space wrote:

My triple-play bundle was set to expire soon, and  I did not want to renew, so I called 1-800-VERIZON ... The person I spoke to told me that I did not need to do anything, and that the services would simply expire.  Today I returned by equipment to a local office, and they told that this was not true, and that I would continue to be billed if I did nothing ...

You have to distinguish between termination of your services (i.e., your "bundle"), and contract renewal for your services ("contract renewal for bundle").

When you ask: "Will the bundle renew" you are actually asking if your current services will remain available. The answer is usually "yes." Verizon doesn't "renew bundles," only contracts. Bundles themselves have no "lifetime" as long as you pay your bills.  If you take no action, your existing services remain available.
When you ask: ""Will my existing contract renew" the answer in general is it will not.  The contract means you have established a pricing arrangement for a specific set of services for a specific period of time.  You must take action to have a contract renewed or extended.
What you were told by VZ  representatives reflects VZ standard practice, although it's likely both you and the service representatives were using the same words, albeit with different meanings.  Evidently the terminology difference between "bundle" and "contract" was never made clear.