Cable Card Missing Equipment - Why is this such an issue with Verizon?
foznot1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The day after FIOS disconnection day; was moving day!  The boxes are all packed, truck ready to start loading.

The FiOs equipment return box was recieved, 1 cable card, 1 fios router....all taken to the local UPS store, within blocks of my apartment.  A picture of the equipment, (in the box) was taken, UPS gave me a receipt for shipping confirmation.  Good to go.  Life is good.  The move is happening.

Out of the blue, 1&1/2 months later, I get an email notifciation.  Verizon states, the cable card was not returned!  WT!?

I don't understand how someone on their end doesn't "check-in" the equipment correctly - yet Verizon blames the customer.

The equipment had arrived on their "dock"; with someone signing for it.  I am being billed for $107 for something I had no contorl over. 

I see this type of activity all over the forums.  Disgruntled!

Re: Cable Card Missing Equipment - Why is this such an issue with Verizon?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Our apollogies as that should be an easy fix.

Would you mind sending us a private message so we can collect a few details and get this taken care of for you please?

~Jess

0 Likes
Re: Cable Card Missing Equipment - Why is this such an issue with Verizon?
foznot1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jess - Thanks for your response.  I am glad to report that Verizon did do the right thing and resolved my situation.  Perhaps it was something that could have been avoided, but I am happy that it was resolved.

Thanks for offering to help!

0 Likes