Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Cable Card Missing Equipment - Why is this such an issue with Verizon?

foznot
Contributor
Contributor

Cable Card Missing Equipment - Why is this such an issue with Verizon?

Message 1 of 3
(1,070 Views)

The day after FIOS disconnection day; was moving day!  The boxes are all packed, truck ready to start loading.

The FiOs equipment return box was recieved, 1 cable card, 1 fios router....all taken to the local UPS store, within blocks of my apartment.  A picture of the equipment, (in the box) was taken, UPS gave me a receipt for shipping confirmation.  Good to go.  Life is good.  The move is happening.

Out of the blue, 1&1/2 months later, I get an email notifciation.  Verizon states, the cable card was not returned!  WT!?

I don't understand how someone on their end doesn't "check-in" the equipment correctly - yet Verizon blames the customer.

The equipment had arrived on their "dock"; with someone signing for it.  I am being billed for $107 for something I had no contorl over. 

I see this type of activity all over the forums.  Disgruntled!

2 REPLIES 2
Verizon_Support
Employee Employee
Employee

Re: Cable Card Missing Equipment - Why is this such an issue with Verizon?

Message 2 of 3
(999 Views)

Our apollogies as that should be an easy fix.

Would you mind sending us a private message so we can collect a few details and get this taken care of for you please?

~Jess

foznot
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cable Card Missing Equipment - Why is this such an issue with Verizon?

Message 3 of 3
(987 Views)

Jess - Thanks for your response.  I am glad to report that Verizon did do the right thing and resolved my situation.  Perhaps it was something that could have been avoided, but I am happy that it was resolved.

Thanks for offering to help!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title