Can I cancel my account in the first month?
SonjaWi

Hello! We just got our account with Verizon on the 3rd september. We already had to have technicians come to even make the phone and internet work, because something was wrong with the line. Yesterday was my birthday and the phone and highspeed internet went suddenly dead. No dialtone outside at the box. An hour of my time on my birthday went down to talk to Verizon hotlines who tell me a technichian comes some time between now and the 12th October. Really? Half a month our phone and internet will be out, and we pay meanwhile? I feel like customers 2nd class. All is about Fios, normal service is nothing. I need a landline phone to talk to my family overseas.

We signed up for 1 year of service. Is there a grace period in which we can cancel our account without still having to pay? When it goes out already in the first month I doubt thatit will be very stable in the future and the service will not get better either. I already spent 6 hours this month on Verizon hotlines, and I am done. Thank you, Sonja

0 Likes
Re: Can I cancel my account in the first month?
prisaz
Legend

@SonjaWi wrote:

Hello! We just got our account with Verizon on the 3rd september. We already had to have technicians come to even make the phone and internet work, because something was wrong with the line. Yesterday was my birthday and the phone and highspeed internet went suddenly dead. No dialtone outside at the box. An hour of my time on my birthday went down to talk to Verizon hotlines who tell me a technichian comes some time between now and the 12th October. Really? Half a month our phone and internet will be out, and we pay meanwhile? I feel like customers 2nd class. All is about Fios, normal service is nothing. I need a landline phone to talk to my family overseas.

We signed up for 1 year of service. Is there a grace period in which we can cancel our account without still having to pay? When it goes out already in the first month I doubt thatit will be very stable in the future and the service will not get better either. I already spent 6 hours this month on Verizon hotlines, and I am done. Thank you, Sonja

I searched everywhere for an answer for you, and could not find it. It looks as if once you agree to the terms of service, it says that if you agreed to a commitment period to receive a discount, then you are subject to fulfill that commitment. This is a Peer to Peer users support area, and Verizon would be best to answer your question. Review any agreements you may have acknowledged. You may use the Contact us link at the bottom of each of these pages. Also the Terms of service can be found there. But each agreement could be different based on a commitment you may have made, and the offer of service that was given.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Re: Can I cancel my account in the first month?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@SonjaWi wrote:

Call Verizon again, demand a supervisor. Explain that your phone service is completely out. They are *required* to get your service back up and running within a certain period of time (I believe it's 48 hours) if you are completely without dial tone. They can't legally leave you without 911 access for that long.

As a side note, you can generally cancel within 30 days without penalty, but you would have to verify with Verizon.