Can't use Visa gift card to pay my bill - payment fails
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

I'm having problems paying my FiOS bill with Visa gift cards (both on the website and in the app). I initially tried with a small TD Bank Visa that I was given as a gift. I had the zip code set properly on the TD website yet Verizon got an error when I tried to submit the payment. No indication of any error on the TD Bank website. Now I just tried to use it with a Vanilla Visa card I bought at Shoprite (got money back on my credit card for buying it, before someone asks why I'm doing this). Once again, Verizon gave me an error, nothing but shows on the issuer's site. I eventually used the TD card at Verizon Wireless, where it worked fine, but I get 5% back on my cellular charges with my US Bank Cash+ Visa, so I really don't want to use this card there (the TD card was only $25 so not a big deal). is there some trick to using Visa gift cards for payments on the normal Verizon site? It used to work fine when I was getting rebate gift cards and emptied them out paying my bill.

And before someone asks, I am not trying to pay more than I have on the card.

0 Likes
Re: Can't use Visa gift card to pay my bill - payment fails
jonjones1
Legend
0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, that's not it. That post talks about using a Verizon gift card (i.e., one only valid at Verizon). I'm talking about a card that is a Visa, usable at any store that accepts normal Visa credit cards.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If you go to your online portal of http://www.verizon.com 

and log into your account, you select “pay bill”

after this you are directed to a payment page of which you can use a saved account like MasterCard and visa, checking account and there is an other option. It is then you can use a gift card be it visa, MasterCard or Verizon branded.

now I don’t know why it is not showing on your account. I have read at another help forum that people on autopay cannot use this method but they have gone to a corporate store to have it applied.

i have read on these forums that often times the drop down payment options are not showing. For that I cannot assist. That is a Verizon web programming issue.

the link I gave previously was just a guideline as to how to make a payment via a gift card. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes