Canceled service, still getting billed
aaron12341

I canceled my service as of May 24th, over 2 weeks ago, by phone (I tried to cancel online, but was directed by your website to call instead).  I moved, and the new place did not have Fios available.  I was told that not only would the service be canceled, but I would also not have to pay a termination fee because my new location did not offer Fios.

I purchased my own modem/router, so there was no equipment to return.

Not only did I not receive a prorated amount back for the remaining 7 days in May, but now I'm being charged for June!  

0 Likes
Re: Canceled service, still getting billed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Canceled service, still getting billed
jonjones1
Legend

@aaron1234 wrote:

I canceled my service as of May 24th, over 2 weeks ago, by phone (I tried to cancel online, but was directed by your website to call instead).  I moved, and the new place did not have Fios available.  I was told that not only would the service be canceled, but I would also not have to pay a termination fee because my new location did not offer Fios.

I purchased my own modem/router, so there was no equipment to return.

Not only did I not receive a prorated amount back for the remaining 7 days in May, but now I'm being charged for June!  

It would be billed per your billing date. In example if you cancelled say on May 20, 2017 which is one day before the closing date in this case you don't need to be billed for June 2017. If your closing date is after the day you called the charges are legitimate since Verizon bills in advance.  This is just an example since I have no idea what your start and end dates are for your service.

if you cancelled make sure to get a confirmation number for that cancellation don't take anyone's word for it.

0 Likes