Cannot access My Account info - Verizon webpage not found
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I originally posted the below message yesterday under Residential Products and Services but think it should be posted here.  I cannot access my Verizon account from my home computer.  There's not a problem with me signing in; the web page is not loading correctly.  There's some sort of communications problem between my computer and Verzion web server.  I need to know if the problem is with Verizon.  It not, then I can search other areas.

I have a problem accessing my account in Verizon.  This started last Wednesday.  I typed in the web address, verizon.com, and page did not load correctly.  The graphics and pictures all were askewed.  There were blue hyperlinks where there should have been graphics.  It looked like the site was under maintenance.  When I tried to sign in, I received the page saying, "This page can't be displayed.  Please check that www.verizon.com is correct.  I ran a Windows Network Diagnostics and the troubleshoot report said the web server I'm trying to reach is temporarily unavailable.

I called Verizon and was trying to speak with someone in tech support but was unable to reach anyone.  The person I spoke with upgraded my internet speed, and they sent me a new router.  Well, the next day I tried again to sign in and I accessed the web site, no problem.

Yesterday, I went to sign in and got the same problem.  The page did not load correctly.  I ran another diagnostics and viewed the detail results.  It said "This could be due to communication issues between your network's proxy or gateway and the web server.  The proxy or gateway returned the error HTTP 502.  I tried to sign in, and after I entered my password and clicked Continue, I received this message on the Yahoo search page, saying the URL cannot be found or is unavailable.  I tried Chrome browser and had the same problem. 

I checked everything with my system.  I cleared temp files, the cache. I did the optimizer.  I reset Internet Explorer.  I'm posting this from work because I can't sign in at home. 

If anyone knows what's going on, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot access My Account info - Verizon webpage not found
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure when you tried it.  There is sometimes some trouble on the weekends (usually ealy morning Sunday) when they are probably going through maintenance re-booting process of their servers.

Similar problems to what you mentioned are often problems on your PC.  One thing that helps is making sure that cache is completely flushed.

And remember you are mostly talking to peers here.  Those few Verizon personnel will normally not respond to most questions.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Did you try it on a different computer to rule out that it might be a computer issue?

0 Likes
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think it's a computer issue.  I only have one computer at home.  I can access my account at work (I'm posting this message from work).  I don't have any issues with any other web sites, except for Facebook.  It takes a long time to log in.  It's a communication issue.  Something to do with HTTP or HTTPS.

I've been contacted by Verizon, and they are looking into it.  They said it might be a week before I get a resolution.

0 Likes
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem solved.

I changed the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) properties to automatically detect DNS servers.

0 Likes
bwh1
Contributor - Level 1

I know this is an old post, but I just started having the same problem described.  For no apparent reason, suddenly can't access Verizon website.  I either get the "IE cannot display the webpage" error or I get a page that is unaligned text from the Verizon site.  Same thing happens with a couple of other websites.  I have done all of the basic IE troubleshooting.  Any had this problem recently and solved it?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They were having problems yesterday 10/22/14-10/23/14 with the forums, but not that I heard with the reqular Webpages.  Note at times its been necessary to make sure youhave IE set to use compatibility mode for Verizon webpages.

0 Likes