Change name on account
jsciab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be moving out of my house in the next couple months, but my roommates are still staying here and will be needing the internet/cable service.  Is there anyway I can transfer the name on the account to one of them easily without having to wait and draw it out on the phone with customer service or is that how Verizon works?  I also used my card to put down the $250 deposit, which I would want back and transfer to another card instead of waiting until the contract runs out a couple years down the road to get it back.  Is there an easy way to do this online or does it require waiting on hold before talking to someone and switching the phone back and forth between me and the roommate taking over?

0 Likes
Re: Change name on account
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If you are still looking for answers on this, we can help get them for you. I have copied your post to our private support board to get more information. Please refer all correspondences to there. You can get to your private support case by clicking your name above your picture icon and going to "My support cases" or by using the link that was emailed to your email account you signed up for the forums with.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response. Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. Tonya C.

0 Likes
Brasstacks
Enthusiast - Level 2

When a parent died and I called customer service to change the name on the account, I was told to send a fax of the death certificate.  I realize it's not the same situation.  Maybe fax them the new lease agreement (or ask the landlord to send it)? 

0 Likes
DSwan1

Why is your reply posted privately?

I have a similar situation. I'm moving, my roommates are staying, and I'd like to efficiently transfer my account to one of them. What is the easiest way to do this?

This seems like something that should be accessible information, as many folks might be in the same boat.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@DSwan wrote:

Why is your reply posted privately?

I have a similar situation. I'm moving, my roommates are staying, and I'd like to efficiently transfer my account to one of them. What is the easiest way to do this?

This seems like something that should be accessible information, as many folks might be in the same boat.

Probably since the post you are replying to is 4 years+ old.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes