Changed TV Package based on false info on website, told I can't cancel switch, contacting BBB
MetatronM

So I switched my old TV Essentials  plan to Prime HD today online to try and get a better price, and the TV package comparison listed NHL Network, a channel I have always gotten with Essentials, as a premium channel that could be added to Prime HD (as opposed to Extreme and Ultimate, which have it included in the package).  Confident that I could keep this channel, I made the switch in plans, and then I called the number on my TV to have the channel added.

It was then that I was told that the only way I could add the channel was by upgrading to the Extreme HD package, even though the website says it is available to customers on Prime.  They also told me there was nothing they could do about my order to switch the plans and couldn't reverse it, but if I called the 1-800-VERIZON number and selected option 4, they would be able to do so.  However, when I did so, I was told again that the channel was only available on Extreme HD and that the website was "incorrect."  I was also told that she couldn't cancel the new order because "it completes automatically" and that the service I was receiving only an hour earlier, which was admittedly a grandfathered legacy plan, "no longer exists," so she couldn't do anything about that.  I told the rep that I made a change in my plan based upon false advertising on Verizon's behalf and would therefore not be responsible for this and asked to speak to a manager or supervisor who could override this.  She put me on hold for a couple minutes and said that her supervisor "was on the phone" but that she "explained the situation to him" and that she couldn't do anything.  I asked her if she was willing to give me a credit or do anything to acknowledge the fact that I've been a loyal customer, both at home and for business, for 5 years, and she told me no.  At that point I told her I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau and Time Warner.

This is a straight up bait and switch, which I will be sure to let consumer protection agencies know about, and the fact that nobody can undo an order that hasn't even updated on the website yet is boggling to me, or that nobody can seem to include a channel that the website that includes a comparison guide "to help you choose the best plan for you" says is available.  This should be such a stupid and minor issue, but the way it has been handled by Verizon's customer service and the complete and total unwillingness to honor advertised service is enough to make me want to switch providers outright unless someone at Verizon shows they're willing to go the extra mile to save a customer.

0 Likes
Re: Changed TV Package based on false info on website, told I can't cancel switch, contacting BBB
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MetatronM,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Changed TV Package based on false info on website, told I can't cancel switch, contacting BBB
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Mr.Karwoski,

We've had to close your private support thread due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please reach out to us by posting a public reply in this thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
HUMANPLEASE

I am addressing a similar issue. I wish I took the offer from Comcast, but my new house was wired with FIOS and I thought I was going to get excellent service, a user friendly interface, and excellent customer service.

While the connection is fantastic and the picture is perfect,  the customer service was so awful that I wish I had never changed. My concerns were not addressed. I was not given any compensation, was blind transferred, and all in all wasted far too much time trying to reach a HUMAN, let alone one who could actually be helpful.

I took photos of advertisements and even the links for a recent upgrade "half off premiums" to show what is advertised. After upgrading, which I had done primarily to watch one program, the program is not part of the deal. It is even online with a link, where prior to upgrading, there was a lock icon that directs you to upgrade to HBO on demand to watch the program --- so after upgrading, I returned to the "lock icon," my program opened, and then an error message appeared. I picture people trying to clean up this mess in the background. Fortunately, I took photos!

I plan to contact my lawyer, the legal department, and the BBB as well. I miss my former service.

Sorry for the hasty, poorly written post….

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HUMANPLEASE,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

HUMANPLEASE,

Due to no response, we have closed your private support case. Please feel free to make a new post anytime you need out help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes