charge for on-demand movie i did not order
aymnr

I was recently charged for two on-demand movies I did not order "The High Note" and "Blumhouse's fantasy island". This happened on two different dates separated by 11 days. (June 1st and June 12th()

Verizon claimed they were ordered from one of the TVs in my house and gave me the times. There was no one present at those times! After the first order, they then told me to set parental controls and a pin, which I did, but this happened again.

Technical support claimed that it is "impossible" to hack into my account. I find that hard to believe.

They did refund the money for both.

I have now seen on this forum multiple postings reporting exactly the same thing - being charged for movies that were not ordered. 

Clearly, something strange is going on and they are not willing to acknowledge it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: charge for on-demand movie i did not order
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On top of a parental pin there is also a purchase pin that I would enable. Also disable the screensaver posters in...
Settings > System > Fios TV One Settings > Screensaver Posters > Disable

Clicking on them can easily purchase a movie if you have a dog or cat that possibly was laying on the remote. 

View solution in original post

Re: charge for on-demand movie i did not order
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On top of a parental pin there is also a purchase pin that I would enable. Also disable the screensaver posters in...
Settings > System > Fios TV One Settings > Screensaver Posters > Disable

Clicking on them can easily purchase a movie if you have a dog or cat that possibly was laying on the remote.