Charged for Mayweather fight in error
pecluke

I was charged $99.99 for the Maryweather fight on 5/2/2015 which I absolutely didn't order and didn't watch. I contacted customer service and they insist that I ordered it and refuse to credit my account. I was told that when you order pay per view there are 2 confirmations that you must accept in order to be charged. Really? Assuming I clicked on it by mistake, I NEVER would have accepted this!

There was only my husband and me at home and neither of us watch boxing - EVER!

At one point they offered me credit of $20 per month on my monthly service fee IF I agree to extend my contract by 24 months. I refuse to be conned into another 24 months! I just want them to credit the $99.99 to my account. Why should I be charged for something I didn't order!  Right is right and wrong is wrong. This is WRONG!

I told the supervisor Jay that I will be reporting this to the New York Public Service Commission. He stated that they will tell the PSC that they have a record of my order so they won't do anything about it.

There is something wrong with Verizon's billing system. Reading all the other complaints on this forum, I would think Verizon would look into the matter and correct the problem before they have a class action law suit on their hands.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for Mayweather fight in error
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes