charged for movie i did not purchase
rekfan59
Enthusiast - Level 1

just checked my latest bill, they tell me i purchased a movie for 21.99.  i have never bought a movie this way, rented yes, but, never bought.  customer service is no help.  luckily, i am not locked into a long term contract, so i can quit anytime, which is what will happen if this isn't taken care of.

Re: charged for movie i did not purchase
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rekfan,

I'm in the same boat.  I was charged for two movies that I never ordered.  Also for the NFL Redzone.  

Customer service was not helpful, insisting that I had to pay for movies I ordered.  It was like talking to the wall.  

0 Likes
vagrant_soul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad this wasn't just me because this has be going on for a while! I was charge yet again for NFL Red Zone after I repeatly called a request I not be charged for it! I also seen Manny Paquiao fight on my bill that I didn't order and the fight cost $70 freaking dollars and this isn't the first time!! I've had another charge for four STB instead of three. That's well over $100 worth of bogus charges!!!! I'm really tired of Verizon's **bleep** and considering going back to Timewarner Cable. I'm tired of getting charges PPV events that I don't order!!

RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm surprised that you are not already gone.  FIOS is not cheap even without erroneous charges.  If I had been charged $70 for something I hadn't ordered I would have given them only one opportunity to remove the charge before moving to Comcast Xfinity, which has some very attractive introductory offers.  

vagrant_soul
Enthusiast - Level 2

I almost had a heart attack when I seen my bill! I knew I was behind because of the holiday season, so I figure I pay both bills at the same time. My bill with taxes should be around $206 monthly but I keep noticing price fluctuations in my bill over the past year but this month;s bill took the cake!! My bill this month is freaking $326.03!!  After I found out about these false charges, I went back to checking my back bill and found charges for movies and events I wasn't even aware of. I could only check back as far as februrary 2012 but all together it total $154.93 of false charges for movies and events!! When I call to report these problems today with my recent bill and the other charges I discover, the ghetto harpy who took my phone call had the nerve to catch an attitude and told me I had to pay!!!

I turn 59 yrs old tomorrow and I'm on a fixed income,I can't afford to pay for verizon's mistakes and faulty equipment no more. I don't think Comcast is in my area but Time Warner is. Their prices are more expensive but I never had issue with their cable service and I was never charge for movies and PPV events that I didn't order, ever!! The only reason I switched because at the time because Fios was cheaper. I've been with verizon since it was Bell Atlantic...this is truly sad.

RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Considering all the complaints on this board about erroneous movie charges it seems to me that Verizon deserves to be investigated for fraud.  Surely some state attorney would be interested.   

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We are sorry that things did not work out with the TV service.  If you hae any additional issues or questions , please feel free to reach out to us.

Tonya D.

0 Likes
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tonya, 

I am at the end of the rope!  

Today I called Verizon billing today to inquire about the $8 per month credit that I was promised for staying with Verizon even though I was overcharged for two movies I never rented.  The representative said there is no record of any such credit on my account.  So now, in addition to having been fradulently charged for two movies, I have been lied to.  

My statement closes today and I will look at it when it comes out but if the the $8 credit is not there I will be signing up for Comcast's HD Triple Play program, which is about $30 per month cheaper than what I am now paying for FIOS - without a contract.  

I can't believe that this is the way Verizon conducts business.   

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello RBinDC,

It appears that your issue is being handled through our private support portal. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue on your private support case as the support agents will not see the public boards.

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes