Charges for Flex View On Demand movies I did not rent or purchase
gerryo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My account is being charged for Flex View VOD movie rentals and purchases I did not order.  The movies are not ordered with the set top box, someone is using Verizon Media Manager to access my account.  No one else but me has access to my set top box, PC or my Verizon account password.  I was told by Verizon that if I cancelled VOD, this would stop the problem.  It didn't. 

I have been trying to solve this problem with Verizon for 9 months.  After a dozen calls to Verizon and conversations with about 30 agents in every conceivable department, none of whom could offer a solution, I am no closer to an answer.  If anyone else has a solution, I'd be grateful for assistance.  I doubt I'm the only customer with this issue.

Re: Charges for Flex View On Demand movies I did not rent or purchase
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Jane_Reilly
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone help me?  I'm being charged for Flex View movies nobody ordered.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is ridicuous!  A customer should not have to waste hours of time to get Verizon to fix its mistakes.  Verizon should pay people compensation for the time they invest on billing errors.  If that were the case I'll bet Verizon would clean up its accounting fast.

I'm still waiting to see whether they make good on compensating me for the movies I was charged for but never rented.  

0 Likes
vagrant_soul
Enthusiast - Level 2

all the call customer service reps argue with or offer really no solution to this problem! **bleep** was the point of escalating people cases if your refusing to credit them for Verizon's mistakes/faulty equipment and then want to place the blame on the customer?!

WesleyJane
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem in conjunction with when I do order a movie, it stops in the middle of the movie over and over again and when I resume play, it starts at the beginning and I'm forced to fast forward.  I just tried to get credit for 2 more movies that showed up on my account but apparently, after this happens once, your only choice is to call Rentention Services and cancel your service which I now intend to do.  The inflexibility of customer service has made it impossible to deal with Verizon.  I have been a customer from the beginning of FIOS and have all my services through them.  I am fed up and now have to go back to Comcast. 

Not applicable

I have had the same issue of being charged for movies that were not ordered.  Some of the movies were ordered within minutes of each other.  The movies were ordered on days that there wasn't a person in the house.  I spent almost four hours on the phone yesterday.  I was polite to everyone I spoke to but was hung up and switched from person to person and department to department.  In the end, Verizon claims that we ordered the adult movies and that we should pay for them.  

My next steps will be to contact the following agencies: my state attorney general, better business bureau, and the FCC.  I will send all copies of my letters to the CEO of Verizon.  In addition, I will be contacting my local consumer advocate group that solves problems and broadcasts them on the news.  I recommend every one do the same.  It is simple, the more people that file reports the sooner Verizon will have to acknowledge a problem.  It seems awfully fishy that a simple Google search found other people in the situation.  

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi techsavymama,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

techsavymama,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes