COMPLAINT!!!- One Bill & Wireless
SDoherty11

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this forum, so I am pretty unfamiliar with it, but I just have to express my complete frustration with my experience with the One Bill Customer Service department. 

Back in June 2015, my husband and I took a trip overseas, so naturally, we wanted to have one line with international access. I called customer service and added the access to one of our phones, allowing us to keep in contact with our family as we traveled. We we charged for the full month, although we were only out of the country for six days. Since our bill has fluctuated, and we were guaranteed that we would not be charged in excess of the month we used, it didn't seem out of the ordinary for things to go up a bit when we returned. We traveled overseas yet again in September 2016, and called to set up the international service. Once again, I was assured that we would only be charged for the month that we were away, even though it was again six days. 

Our bill has jumped significantly within the past few months, and my husband decided to print out the bill to do some further inspection. To our unpleasant surprise, we have been getting charged for the international rate ($40/ month) since June 2015! When my husband called and asked for the $640 to be refunded, he was met with hostility from the customer service representative. After asking for the supervisor, whom was also hostile, we were told that we were not going to get any more than three months back due to the Verizon representatives being unable to view any bills going farther back. When my husband asked for yet another supervisor to discuss this issue, the customer service supervisor LAUGHED at him and stated that she was the only one available to talk to him! They continued to discuss the bill, which has now increased with additional surprise surcharges that the service respresentative was unable to clarify. We were also not refunded for a $40 international charge that we complained about last month. We received a text message for this refund, but it has never managed to appear on the bill as a credit. He was also scolded by Noelle, the service supervisor, for not catching this charge earlier. 

I have been with Verizon for a very long time, with my family working in the company prior to the renaming to "Verizon", which was a very long time ago. I am now in a position where I no longer feel that this is the exceptional customer service that we have come to rely on in our 40+ years of dealing with this company for both home and wireless services. Can anyone please let me know if they've experienced  similar frustrating situations with the Customer Service department? Is it worth remaining with this company after, quite frankly, we've been scammed out of $640 with no chance of being totally refunded?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT!!!- One Bill & Wireless
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SDoherty1,

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

Was this a Verizon Wireless International plan?

If so, for help with Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes