Credit Hard Inquiry from Verizon East
yilin1

I have been hit by a hard credit inquiry from Verizion East early this month. The weird part is that I wasn't even a verizon customer in the past 3 years. I never contacted with or got contacted by any Verizon representative.

It's sad to get such hit on my credit as I'm refinancing my home right now. Can any rep from Verizon let me know what's going on?

Thanks,

Yi

0 Likes
Re: Credit Hard Inquiry from Verizon East
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello yilin,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly at 1-800-VERIZON.

0 Likes
harisNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure if your issue got resolved, but I am in the same boat and called the number provided by Lawrence in PM and putting this out to help others who may be in similar situation. I was transferred to the credit verification department and the nice lady there took my name, SSN last 4 and my cart ID (I had put services in my cart that I had never actually ordered - so I had a saved cart ID in the email). I was  told the enquiry would be convered from a hard pull to a soft pull.

I hope they will do what they say, but so far the customer service has been good. They appear to be aware of this issue at least and not have to jump through too many hoops so far.

0 Likes
kgionet

I have been on the phone with Verizon (8 different people and departments) for 2 days and about 2 hours. Nobody knows who I should speak with about my hard credit inquiry issue. I'm simply trying to have it converted to a soft pull, as a hard pull was totally not needed to check my credit history for a simple internet account that costa about $60 per month. I am sooooo frustrated and STILL on the phone (on hold) again. My Internet service, by the way, is awfully slow and I'm stuck in this plan for 2 years. There should be a law against this.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The problem with this complaint is your only option is to dispute the inquiry with the credit bureaus. However it was a legitimate credit inquiry no matter if the service is $60 or $6,000.00 Verizon sends what it deems necessary. In fact both the online ordering, in person ordering and phone ordering state the credit inquiry will be pulled and you must consent to it.

a soft pull credit inquiry is normally for existing customers of a company, credit card, bank loan, etc.

In this case the hard pull which will be seen for two years before falling off is legitimate and should not hurt you unless you have 6-10 or more on your report. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes