Customer service complaint
discoTB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was misled by a customer service person a few months back which resulted in services I didn't want and additional charges to my bill.  I finally had the services removed and a credit was given.  But the next month, the charge appeared again.  I called today and the customer service person was surprisingly rude.  He "suggested " that I was lying and said that I was no longer under contract and encouraged me to switch to Comcast if I was that unhappy.  I have never had this kind of experience with Verizon customer service.  Does anyone know of a customer service complaint or dispute resolution department?

-frustrated and confused

Re: Customer service complaint
nousndthem
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could snail mail the CEO:

MAILING ADDRESS FOR THE CEO OF VERIZON:

Ivan Seidenberg
CEO
Verizon Communications
1095 Avenue of the Americas, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10036

rickpoole
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best thing to do is to record all calls with Verizon and then when there are issues like this turn them over to the FCC, PUC, and your state's Attorney General's office.  Also as was previously suggested email the CEO.  I did just that and had a response back from the CEO's office the next morning and all three agencies are investigating the complaint - services added to the account without permission.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keeping in mind of course that while in most states it is legal to record a telephone conversation as long as you are a party in the conversation without the consent of the other party, that in some states -- namely California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington -- it is illegal to do so under state law without the consent of all parties in the conversation.

robretpd
Enthusiast - Level 3

what is the email?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@robretpd wrote:

what is the email?

#1 Use Google to search for verizon ceo email

#2 Then for example use an Email Verification tool to verify that is a valid e-mail address, such as http://network-tools.com/

brendajp

I also have had problems with Verizon, When I first signed up for their service I had problems for the get go. This should have alerted me to what type of customer service this company has. I called to see why they wanted to put in a new line for the internet. oops that was their mistake. Had to wait another 5 days for service, I was told that I would get credit for the 5 days of service that was delayed. I did not get the credit. I called customer service, It took 1 hour to just talk to a person. talked to Ray, put me on hold, oops got disconnectoed from him and put thru the system again, waited another 15 mniutes, got Chaniell, she put me on hold for another 15 minutes. Sh told me that I could only have 2 days credit, i asked to speak to a supervisor, got put on hold for another 15 minutes. Got to speak to a Miss Robertson, she was not helpful, she could only give me 3 days credit. If this is their good customer service I'd hate to see their bad customer service. Believe me I will tell everybody I know all about the extreamly horrible Verixon Customer Service.

0 Likes
jippedbyv

I just got off the phone with a Verizon agent. His tone seemed rather condescending to me. I was trying to understand my bill and it seemed at times that he was just talking over me rather than listen to what I had to say. I'm a very intelligent person who has an excellent command of the english language. For someone to make you feel like a "dimwit" is very frustrating. If there were no penalties for ending my contract now with Verizon, I most certainly would do so today!

0 Likes