Customer Service - Utter lack of information, causing my bill to go up at least $20
Jason646

This matter started on June when I had called in regarding the $10 jump in my bill.  Changed from $115.86 to $126.67.  The $10 credit that I had received for a year had expired.

The representative at the time provided me with 2 options

1. Either downgrade the internet speed to receive the same price I had been paying.  
  2. Updgrade from 20/5 to 50/25 so that he could apply a $10 credit, keeping me at the same price of $126.67

Stupidly I agreed to option #2, since I didn't know any better, because the representative did not ADEQUATELY PERFORM HIS JOB.

What he UTTERLY FAILED to mention was

1. There would be a pro-rated charge for any change in Verizon service plans which then jumped to $160.49 (only found that out from another rep when I called back in July after such a significant increase in the bill)
  2. That upgrading the internet speed would actually cost me at least $20 on top of the current $126.67, after he assured me that it would be the same price (This is not just misinformation, but a LIE).  I authorized him to make changes so that my bill will be kept the same, not so that it can go up by $20 (My current bill for August is $152.54, $4 of that is from a cable card I had added,  So the new service is costing me about $22 more).  Therefore, these changes were not made with my permission, since it was based on misinformation given by the representative themselves.

Now none of the representatives I call can do anything for me, just because that one previous representative, messed up so badly!!!

The worse part of all of this is.  Even though I want to go back to the old plan (not taking any action at all, saving me countless hours worrying and calling about this), I can't since the old plan is no longer available.  And there's no way they can move me back to my old price with my old plan.

I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over 3 years, going onto 4 (Not to mention all those other years, when I was living in another state), and for those first 2 years have been amazed and extremely satisfied with the services and customer service representatives.

Unfortunately, because of this one bad experience that was made on part of that representative that completely FAILED to mention any additional pro-rated charges, or such a substantial increase in my bill, and also completely MISINFORMED me of what the price of the adjusted bill would be, I've completely LOST ALL FAITH IN VERIZON.

Yes your services may be better than others in some areas (although COX and COMCAST do offer comparable prices/services), but that doesn't justify the actions taken to peddle new services to existing customers.

This is a letter of my discontent.  Please let me know any actions that can be done or to correct this AWFUL EXPERIENCE and mistake I have experienced.  I had thought Verizon was trying to offer the EXPERIENCE to the user in addition to all these suite of services, but instead I have experience nothing but utter disgust for the lack of training a representative had received or his utter lack of informing customers.

I may just be forced to shop around and switch services, just because no one was able to even address the mistake made, and continuosly being told, sorry, with no actions being taken.

Sincerely,

Jason

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Evening,

We were just checking with you to make sure issue was resolved. Please repost if you are still experiencing a problem.

Tonya D.

0 Likes