Deception and Misrepresentation by Verizon Customer Service
shar1071
Enthusiast - Level 1

In October, 2011, I contacted Verizon to seek out new promotions for already existing customers...I was told I could receive a multi-room dvr for free for 1 year.   Upon receiving my bill in November, that service was not free so I contacted customer service again.  I was on the phone for over an hour with the representative going over the previous rep's notes and finally she said she could honor the deal for mutli room dvr if I signed a two year contract for my triple play.  I agreed.  I received my December bill and again the multi room dvr is not free and my triple play pricing has increased.  I was not informed that the price would increase.  I contacted customer service yet again and the escalation supervisor said she could not honor the free dvr for a year or my previous triple play pricing.  She said she has no record of our agreements in the notes.  I feel that I have been scammed by the company and deceived into signing up for new services under false pretenses.  Please help or I will be changing providers!!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deception and Misrepresentation by Verizon Customer Service
shar1071
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am happy to say that as of this billing period, my issue has been resolved!   A local manager contacted me after receiving my complaint and honored the services promised to me from the call center.  I do love my FIOS service and would have been sad to have to cancel over some bad customer service representatives.  I am thankful that this forum allowed a place to air my concerns and that Verizon was able to come to an agreement.  Thank You!!

View solution in original post

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
handinpalm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I fully agree with your comments.  I have found Verizon to be misrepresenting every time you call a different rep.  They will wear you down with all the calls you have to make, until you give up.  I can write a book about all my bad experiences.  I would suggest recoring all the calls you make to them.  They record theirs, but only weem to remember the ones in their favor.  If you are smart, finish your conversation with them stating "YOUR TERMINATED!"

shar1071
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am happy to say that as of this billing period, my issue has been resolved!   A local manager contacted me after receiving my complaint and honored the services promised to me from the call center.  I do love my FIOS service and would have been sad to have to cancel over some bad customer service representatives.  I am thankful that this forum allowed a place to air my concerns and that Verizon was able to come to an agreement.  Thank You!!

JohnnyFios
Enthusiast - Level 1

I record every call I place whenever dealing with anyone's customer service.

I'm as interested in recording my calls for Quality (any issues fall under the "quality" category) as companies are.

Recording is a two-way street. If they are, you can. You might be in a state where you do not legally have to tell them you are.

After all, you're just trying to get what folks said they'd do for you, and a call shows the company that it happened.

Companies know the unspoken value of someone who is very organized... and things tend to happen exactly as advertised.

glenjrushing
Enthusiast - Level 3

CONGRATULATIONS SHAR107 ! ! !

I'm betting there's at least several thousand Verizon Customers that would like to get the contact info for that manager.

Can't seem to find one like that here in the Tampa, Florida area.

Glen

@shar107 wrote:

johnlewis1

My billing stories are pretty much the same . The misrepresented plans to save you money on ends up costing more money.you sign up for a service one month and the very next month your billing goes up. You call and try to speak with customer service and it's like your speaking in a foreign tounge. no one recognizes what your talking about and paSSES YOU OFF TO MORE OF THE SAME. i AM FED UP WITH VERIZONS CUSTOMER  SERVICE THUS FAR AND WILL MAKE IT KNOWN SOON ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA THAT I HAVE AVAILIBLE TO ME WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT FROM vERIZON IF THE CHOOSE THEIR SERVICES.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@johnlewis wrote:

My billing stories are pretty much the same . The misrepresented plans to save you money on ends up costing more money.you sign up for a service one month and the very next month your billing goes up. You call and try to speak with customer service and it's like your speaking in a foreign tounge. no one recognizes what your talking about and paSSES YOU OFF TO MORE OF THE SAME. i AM FED UP WITH VERIZONS CUSTOMER  SERVICE THUS FAR AND WILL MAKE IT KNOWN SOON ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA THAT I HAVE AVAILIBLE TO ME WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT FROM vERIZON IF THE CHOOSE THEIR SERVICES.

0 Likes
freeworksites
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am quite sure nobody is going to believe me.   I have been since 2007 faxing my bank statements and my bills which are up to 3 a month.   I have paid up to 1,050 dollars in one month.  Proof is here and there and to date have not received any money back.  It still is going on not the big amounts pulled that ended in 2011.  I have had Verizon since 1994 with same phone number.  It started in 2006 as I checked if I had balance in Jan 07 and paid 300 or 400 in Dec 06. 

I assure you I live on SSDI check but, had refinanced to start another business for retirement.  I have horrible luck, got taken my lawyer who would not let me fax a piece of paper to him stating I had no liens and 'Fair housing lied to me.  I guess with other things going on I ended up with 4 breakdowns and you just don't care.  I had two laundry baskets of me starting up 5 yrs of trying to show them they were taking Ach' the highest 500 but, easy 150 twice a month.   I saw emails saying "  Thank you for your direct debit payment" but I paid by check.   Good thing I did this, for some strange reason they dropped my business email address I had in Country sampler magazine.  I don't know where all the emails went.  But, starting the paperwork I wrote most of them down the ID number. 

Of course customer service to date it takes me a week to call them. They didn't have the payments on there end but, bank statements say Verizon.  I had Direct Tv in package for 99.00 in Novo of 2007.  But they also charged me 298.00 mth.  Plain as day. Both of them print outs for the year.  When I gave them the yr print out with the withdrawals they to ignored me.  They always shut me off on the weekend.  Back then you went without.  My refinance money is gone.  I did get roof, so there is about 15,000 missing.  Every Christmas I pray I will get something.  I am so angry.  I know the bills are under my name and husbands. 

This is the kicker.  I got so taken with the house that I haven't paid mortgage since Novo 2007.  I still own it and getting asked what I want to do.  Then Verizon this is the kicker with them.

Recently faxed two yr of Bank Statements and Bills and then I wait.  Nothing happens I try to fax and for some reason the fax number is no longer them.   My family moved me out of the house In Nov 2010  to come here.  I got charter but, kept high speed 37.99.  I have been charged up to 400 even in 2011.  So paid full price 118 or what ever they put I owe.   Now I wanted to start another business as I am well now so changed in March to Business.  They gave me free movie I still have sent me thank you mail in March. I got a package 65.99  -5.00 plus $200 Amex card.  I saved the email the ad and still customer service she was not one of the great ones.  I would cry literally but, she said that there was no such price offer.  I told her I saved it all and fed ex came but, no I was wrong.  Even showing the bills from Charter and at my other house Comcast they still won't give me one yr of not having them. 

Do you believe me?  If anyone knows where I can find lawyer I just am so sick of doing the same thing every day.    I have to find a lawyer if any one knows one.  I have never wrote in these forums maybe now I doubt it.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

FreeWorkSites,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes