DISAPPOINTED
DK5133

I spoke with someone at Verizon who told me I was eligible to upgrade my DVR to a newer DVR with more storage space. I brought it into a Verizon Shop to exchange it and they told me they had none in stock which was fine but Then they told me when I did exchange it it would cost $40. They also told me if I wanted to exchange my remotes for fresher ones they charge $10 a pop. When I started Verizon FIOS the bills went back and forth (different charges here and there) but I dealt with it because I loved the packages and they had channels cablevision didn't"t but now with this I'm seriously shopping around. Other companies might not have certain options that Verizon does but at least they're honest and live up to their word. It's a shame.

0 Likes
Re: DISAPPOINTED
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

The $40 upgrade charge only applies if it is done by mail (think of it as a rush shipping fee--Verizon ships the new box literally overnight.) Exchanging the box at a Verizon store is free.

0 Likes
abbthe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

DVR situation is terrible. I had FIOS installed yesterday and they gave me 6416 DVR, which just terrible with new IMG. I called cutomer service and they gave me a run around and transferred me to tech support. They did not want to exchange the DVR, and they told me the only way to get balck DVR is to request it online for $40 fee. I went to the local office and exchanged it for 7216. This is extremely disappointing and it actually makes me want to cancel the service, because as the new customer I was expecting the latest equipment, not some old slow and scratched up box. None of the local offices have new 7232 DVRs.

0 Likes
DK5133

I hear ya! Not the nicest people who I had to deal with at the office either. We're done, gonna cancel tomorrow. I'd rather be with a stand up company even if they don't have my favorite channels.

0 Likes
DK5133

Already tried to exchange at the store. They said that they too would charge $40 as an upgrade fee.

0 Likes
Quilombo
Enthusiast - Level 1

The truth is I find ppl working the VZ stores to be pretty clueless about a lot of things. You might try going to another store.  We've been with Fios for about 3 years and pay $160/m and will be canceling our services for various reasons: 

1- $40 per box to upgrade (there are two)

2- Ongoing billing problems for the past 4 months

3- No particular fios channels we care for that much (Im all sports and everyone else is A&E, Bravo, Kids chnls)

4- I just dont want to deal with another phone call 

5- Dont need/use the home phone

6- Too expensive

I really wanted Fios for their internet speedd but now my local cable can match that speed most times, good enough for me. Cable is definitely not better but cheaper and I didnt have to keep calling them month after month. 

0 Likes