Dispute Fradulent Movie Rental Charges
msparkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been billed for two movies that I did not rent. Every time I call Verizon the call volume is high, and I'm put on hold for longer than I can wait. Chat has not been available at the times I've attempted to use it. In the past chat was not authorized to do the things I needed, so I'm reluctant to use it. The Verizon web site is useless for providing any help on billing disputes. Is there a way to email Verizon FIOS to resolve fraudulent billing?

Re: Dispute Fradulent Movie Rental Charges
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

These forums are peer-to-peer.  You're talking to other customers here.  Sometimes the Verizon moderators will escalate issues to support.  If that happens to you, be sure to follow their instructions to communicate with the support team.

I've never heard of an email support channel for Verizon.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
hambone1980
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hi, I had this happen to me too, and it was a major reason I canceled my FiOS. We had a free rental, so it had nothing to do with me getting out of paying a bill. But I received an email that someone at 2 AM rented some kid's movie on my account On Demand. I called them up immediately, and I swear to god the woman on the phone said "maybe your cat did it". I am not making this up, I have the call recorded. My wife and I were asleep at 2 AM, and we have no children. So I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. Did you ever notice how these billing "errors" are always in Verizon's favor?
0 Likes
ssharp51209

I am going through hell with Verizon's billing right now - I'm getting multiple bills under different accounts, all with my name on them, for the same month of service. I've called and been told I would get a call back the next day and never do, so I asked the online chat person to give me a Billing Customer Service email. She gave me the link to this:

{edited for privacy}

which I find interesting that I found on my phone on my own, and could type everything in, but when I went to submit it gave me an error. When I went on the computer it didn't even come up as an option under the Contact Us page like it did on my phone. So when she gave me the link, I was finally able to submit my complaint. But it didn't give me the same options that I was able to pick from on my phone, like Billing, Billing Disputes. Only stupid categories that don't apply.

If you haven't had any luck yet, try submitting through that link, I did, and I'm hoping I'll hear back soon. But not holding my breath. I will probably have to call back and lose my mind.

0 Likes
Luckycoinz

Beware of surprise movie charges from Fios - would NOT RECOMMEND.

Verizon Fios has been trying to extort money from me for the past 4 months for movies I did not rent. On month two I placed parental controls on box, we have no children, and I did not share the passcode with my husband; however movies were still rented. Verizon credited the money back to me once they saw movies were not watched. On month three, same issue, so I spoke to tech support we stated I may have a faulty box and to call if I still have issues. Tech support also ran diagnostics and we reset the parental controls. Month four tools around, now with 5 ghost rentals, of which they will not reimburse me for. The supervisor stated that even though the movies were NOT watched I still had to pay. Who rents movies and doesn't watch them?

This is a complete scam. Some of the rentals occurred at times when it was impossible for me to rent them, i.e. when I'm out of state, asleep, or at work. Really Verizon? I terminated my service immediately. Four months of ghost charges, IT stating my box is potentially faulty, yet I am required to pay for services I did not consent to?

Get your act together Verizon. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Luckycoinz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes