Disputing a Charge
halphillips

Short version: due to repeated errors on Verizon's part, I've been improperly charged an $89.99 Technician Visit Fee that I would like removed from my bill.

I scheduled an appointment for a technician to move my modem from one room to another. The person I spoke to misunderstood and thought I wanted a new line installed, and told me it'd cost $150. When I called back to clarify, I was told that it would cost only $30 instead. This somehow led to a new appointment being made without the old one being cancelled, so Verizon had me down for two separate, simultaneous appointments.

When the technician came, he told me that there's no charge for such a minor task, and that Verizon apparently still had the wrong idea about what the appointment was for. I repeat: Verizon's own technician told me, in person, that there would be no charge for the visit.

As the technician was leaving, another technician called me and told me he was on his way, because there were apparently two visits scheduled, in error. I put him on the phone with the first technician, who told him that the job was complete and that they'd scheduled two appointments by accident and that he didn't need to come.

Now on my bill, there is an $89.99 charge.

Due to Verizon's SEVERAL mistakes-- scheduling multiple appointments when there should've been only one, and quoting me FOUR different prices ($150, $90, $30, and $0)-- I want this fee removed from my bill. I will also accept having the fee reduced to $30, which is what I agreed to on the phone.

Regardless of what the proper fee SHOULD be, Verizon must stand by the information that was provided by its own representatives. Otherwise, Verizon will have misrepresented itself, which is certainly unethical and may be legally actionable.

0 Likes
Re: Disputing a Charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi halphillips,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Disputing a Charge
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello halphillips, As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes