DSL Billing Error and Frustration
fractl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Eight years ago, in 2009, I received an offer in the mail from Verizon for '$19.99 DSL for life'. Being a disabled individual on a fixed income, I took advantage of that offer. Everything went OK with my billing for a few years, then I was billed at a higher rate in early 2013. I made many calls to billing support, and no one was able or willing to help me. I was told repeatedly that I wasn't on a 'for life' plan, which was extremely frustrating, and more than a little insulting, since it implied that I'm a liar, which I most certainly am not. Then, I ended up making a post on this forum. My post can be found here:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account/DSL-set-fee-for-life-and-fee-increase/m-p/565273

I received a far more helpful response after that forum post, and the issue was resolved fairly quickly after that.

Now, after going through all that, I've once again been billed at a higher rate, at $26.99 for my DSL alone. Once again, I called and talked to someone in billing and had a very frustrating experience. I was again told that there was no evidence of my being on a 'for life' plan, and I was told that I had been on a two-year plan that had just expired. As you can see from my previous interaction and the email from 2013, I've been on a 'for life' plan for some time, and that plan was reinstated in 2013 after the issues I described above.

The person I just spoke to reduced my current bill by the extra $7 I was charged, but she also told me that I wasn't on a 'for life' plan and that I would be billed at the higher rate in the future. Once again, I was treated like a liar, and, once again, there was supposedly no evidence of the 'for life' plan, even though the last person I spoke to in 2013, when the problem was resolved, told me the 'for life' plan would be reinstated and permanently noted in my account information.

As you can see from my forum thread in 2013 and the subsequent email, it was confirmed that I'm on the $19.99 'for life' DSL plan. It's extremely frustrating that I have to deal with the same issue once again, and it's particularly frustrating that I'm being treated with the same stubborn disdain when talking to billing support. I would think that Verizon would be capable of simply honoring the plan that I agreed to, and hope that this issue can be resolved through this post like last time, before this gets any more frustrating or insulting.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Billing Error and Frustration
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fractl,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes