Easy Pay Doesn't Always Work
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had been using Easy Pay to automatically pay my bills. It worked for several months and then stopped. My account still said I was enrolled. I was told to re-enroll which I did. Easy Pay worked the next month but the following month it did not work again. The representative again told me to re-enroll even though it said I was already enrolled in Easy Pay on my account but it was not showing on my billing account.

Is Easy Pay broken? Anyone else have this problem or know ow to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Easy Pay Doesn't Always Work
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi there Geo25

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
KSnow1973

When I cancelled my Verizon phone line last year and was left with only an Internet plan, I was told I had to enroll in Autopay because I did not have a phone plan with Verizon.  I have enrolled 5 times as of this morning in Autopay.  It will work for 1-2 months and then stop working and I receive a bill with late fees. I  then call and work my way through the automated system and hold for 10-30 minutes for a representative who then tells me I have to re-enroll in Autopay because it is not working (even though my online account shows I'm enrolled and shows my credit card #).  I've tried everything.  I've had Verizon for 15+ years and always paid my bill online ontime myself.  I have spent no less than 12 hours on the phone with Verizon in the last year because of this reoccuring issue.  Autopay is the absolute worst and Verizon should allow their internet-only customers to pay their bills online themselves because it is far easier than their terrible, unreliable Autopay system which never seems to work more than 2 months in a row.  I am now exploring other internet options because of this.  I refuse to spend another hour on the phone with Verizon only to have the Autopay stop working 2 months later. Verizon, you need to fix your billing issues with autopay or allow your customers to pay their bills themselves instead of forcing us into an Autopay system that doesn't work.  I was considering switching my cellular service from AT&T to Verizon, but no longer.  

If anyone at Verizon can help me and can fix this Autopay issue so it does not happen again, I would welcome it!  I have begged and pleaded with every rep and supervisor I have spoken with and no one can seem to assure me it won't happen again.  In fact the supervisor I just spoke with said that she would love to offer me that reassurance but she cannot given their reoccuring issues with Autopay and she couldn't allow me to not be enrolled in Autopay and pay my bill myself each month because that is Verizon's policy.  FANTASTIC!  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@KSnow1973 wrote:

When I cancelled my Verizon phone line last year and was left with only an Internet plan, I was told I had to enroll in Autopay because I did not have a phone plan with Verizon.  I have enrolled 5 times as of this morning in Autopay.  It will work for 1-2 months and then stop working and I receive a bill with late fees. I  then call and work my way through the automated system and hold for 10-30 minutes for a representative who then tells me I have to re-enroll in Autopay because it is not working (even though my online account shows I'm enrolled and shows my credit card #).  I've tried everything.  I've had Verizon for 15+ years and always paid my bill online ontime myself.  I have spent no less than 12 hours on the phone with Verizon in the last year because of this reoccuring issue.  Autopay is the absolute worst and Verizon should allow their internet-only customers to pay their bills online themselves because it is far easier than their terrible, unreliable Autopay system which never seems to work more than 2 months in a row.  I am now exploring other internet options because of this.  I refuse to spend another hour on the phone with Verizon only to have the Autopay stop working 2 months later. Verizon, you need to fix your billing issues with autopay or allow your customers to pay their bills themselves instead of forcing us into an Autopay system that doesn't work.  I was considering switching my cellular service from AT&T to Verizon, but no longer.  

If anyone at Verizon can help me and can fix this Autopay issue so it does not happen again, I would welcome it!  I have begged and pleaded with every rep and supervisor I have spoken with and no one can seem to assure me it won't happen again.  In fact the supervisor I just spoke with said that she would love to offer me that reassurance but she cannot given their reoccuring issues with Autopay and she couldn't allow me to not be enrolled in Autopay and pay my bill myself each month because that is Verizon's policy.  FANTASTIC!  

0 Likes
nokuwah

I set up easy pay so i wouldn't have to worry about paying my bill on time. I received a message recently about paying a bill so i logged on and saw that they account balance has been accruing for the past 3 months! Now i am getting popup messages saying that service may be interrupted soon due to nonpayment even though my account shows that easy pay is setup. Looks like this is not an uncommon issue that definitely needs to be addressed and fixed by Verizon. It is an inconvenience when the customer has to pay for 3 months of service at once due to a system malfunction.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nokuwah

An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Jason7771

Geo it looks like it's broken for some people. I think I'm just going to print out my bill that states "Payment Method: Easy Pay" and "DO NOT SEND PAYMENT" just so when my bill reaches $1000 I'll have some proof that it's on their end lol.

0 Likes
DNP8

I am having the same trouble. I enrolled in autopay and it worked fine and this month I received a bill notification e-mail with last month's amount included, and a late fee. I e-mailed customer support and was told that I have to enroll in autopay.

I sent them a screenshot showing that I'm already enrolled, and the only available link next to that payment account is "De-Enroll" under the "Autopay" column.

I don't think I should have to pay a late fee because their system doesn't work.

0 Likes
brennok76
Contributor - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I have had easy pay for years now and lately it seems every other month they forget to charge my card. Then they charge me a late fee. When I log into the My Verizon app, it still says do not make a payment enrolled in auto pay. 

Every time I call they never have a reason for it. It doesn't show payment declined either. They have re-enrolled me and once again a month later still not charged. 

0 Likes