Ended Fios with $0 balance received a $200 bill sent to collections months later
WhyVerizonWhy2

We had Verizon when we moved into our apt and was VERY happy with the service. When our lease ended we moved into a bigger apt however that community was contracted with Comcast (the worst!!). We setup the cancellation date and everything was good. We called and asked when our last bill was due and they said the following month. We asked if there is anything else because our contract was for 2 years, but we would only have used it for about a year. They told us no we would be good and the account will be closed and we would owe nothing. Then they said we would be credited (receive a refund) because they were not able to service our new apt. Everything was cool and we paid our last bill. We received a statement showing the credit/refund owed to us. So everything is good and now we just found out we mysteriously owe $200 and that Verizon has sent this unpaid bill to collections. We had never been notified and was assured by not only the rep on the phone, but the rep in the store when we returned our equipment. We are currently trying to fix this; however, Verizon is claiming there is nothing that they can do since they sent it to collections. I really believe this is some very shady business practices as I am researching and seeing this is not an isolated incident. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Ended Fios with $0 balance received a $200 bill sent to collections months later
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi WhyVerizonWhy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes