Final Billing Issue
kdacheikh

So I had verizon and moved and couldn't get verizon at the new place because they only had brighthouse. So I called and sceduled verizon to shut off on July 27th 2012 which it did. Now, just a reminder that I'm sure others have been told several times also, when I first signed up I was told that I needed to pay a deposit of $400 in order to get service because my credit was bad. I asked if I would get that back and when, the agent told me well you get the deposit back once you have been with us for 6 months. So when 6 months hits you should be getting the refund. I said alright thats fine.

Now July was our 6 months we had been with verizon, so the process should of already been taking place in order to get the refund back. July 27th 1012 our service was cut off and at around 3am mind you. They told me it would be cut off early in the morning so that's fine. A few weeks later I called about the refund because I had asked when I sceduled the disconnect when I'd be getting the refund and they told me in a few weeks, 3-4 weeks. So I waited... and waited and finally a month came and and I called. They then told me I had to wait til the final bill in order to get my refund so I asked how long that would take and they told me the final bill didn't come out til the 14th of Sept and then 3-4 weeks after that I would get my bill. Now this is a short version or what I went through, I actually called several times got transferred several times and told many different things by many different people. One told me it would be sent shortly the other said 7-10 days and finally I was told not til 3-4 weeks after the 14th of Sept.

At this point I'm very upset. Verizon took the $400 deposit out of my account RIGHT away, yet they don't want to give me my money back at all it seems. Oh and not only do they owe me $400 dollars they SENT me a check for $18 dollars because I overpayed for that month of July and NOW they just sent the final bill saying I owe $11 and some change. I'm so very confused and so very **bleep** I have been trying to deal with this for WEEKS.

I will tell you now I was going to get verizon wireless when my t-mobile was up, but I will never get verizon ever again and I will make SURE when people ask me how verizon was I will suggest another company to them. So will my husband. I'm sorry, but when I get $400 taken out of my account right away for a deposit, but don't get it back for 2+ months after that is ridiculous. If you can take it right away you can send that check as fast as you took it.

And yes, I STILL have not gotten my refund back and I'm sorry but $400 is a lot to me and I needed it a month ago when I was SUPPOSED to get it and was told by MANY different people that I'd be getting it soon and it never came. And yes, all the equiptment was sent back the day OF service being cancelled and I physically took it to a fios store so I didn't have to mail it and something get lost.

I want this resolved and I want this resolved now and I will never think twice about verizon again when I move to where ever in the future.

Oh and how much you bet if you didn't pay them on time or in a timely manner to them that they'd cut off your service, yet they wont give back money that belongs to someone. Ridiculous.

0 Likes