fios billing issues
skp3

First, you know I could not find a consumer complaint email for fios. Is there one? The folks at the customer service center gave me a snail mail address. Really, no email.

I subscribed to fios last month has been nothing but trouble so far. First the internet went out for about a week. Though the online tech support and the person you sent over were friendly, they could not fix it before a week and kept blaming others in Verizon for the problem.  Anyway, that is taken care of but now I am having issues with billing.

Here is my ordeal.  I received an email saying that I have to pay $267.74 for a month and half of service, I was surprised and called the billing people. First day, after three calls I was hung up on, told that my account does not exist, and transferred to some other department (e-sale I think). Eventually on day one I was told that it takes fios system about one week to show the bill to billing folks, however, I (the customer) can view it instantly and somehow this is my fault. I took that reply and contacted the billing folks after few days.

While chatting online, the billing person kept on saying she cannot find my account and told me to give her “the correct account number”. Despite my insistence that I am copying and pasting the account number from the website and the bill, I was told I am giving her the wrong account number. It took online person at times 10 minutes to respond. It felt like that person was working on the assumption that I was to blame and I am stupid. About an hour in she mysteriously found my account and told me that she cannot help. Finally I gave her my original order number to investigate.

Later, I got a voicemail that  my account has been fixed with no further detail. Now I have to call to get back to figure out what has been fixed. I do just that and this time I get a billing person who is at least not rude. He tries to walk me through what is happening and works with me. Eventually I realized that the package I am on is still not correct. I signed up for your special holiday promotion with $79.99 pm and $300 visa card. Now according to billing support, I am on $84.99 plan (better than $94.99 earlier).  So he transfers me to your e sales (I think it was e-sales might be something else) department. Again those folks at e-sales blame other people at Verizon and transfer me back to your support center.

The support center person is just out right blaming me. Apparently, I have called too many people and they don’t know what to do. She said no one knows till next bill is generated what my monthly payment is, and advised me to just go ahead and pay the bill amount (something over $250). I asked her how can I pay without the knowledge of what am I paying for. The reply was again the same thing that no one knows. It did not seem to bother her  that they cannot tell me what I am paying for.

I have never been treated like that by any support team. I reminded them that it is not my fault that their system made the mistake. Perhaps my only mistake is switching to Verizon. Now I have no idea what's happening with my account, what am I paying for and how much am I supposed to pay?  Is my package corrected to reflect $79.99 pm and have the installations and other fees (that were waived when I signed up) taken off? Have the taxes and the partial month payment been adjusted?

0 Likes
Re: fios billing issues
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi skp

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

skp,

I've sent you a PM to gather some additional information.  Please get back to me.

-adam.

0 Likes
skp3

Had to get rid of my service. Not because of the quality of the service, but because of ignorance of billing support reps. Its amazing that everyone (from my first post on) told me that I have 79.99 package. But they are unable to do math and figure out the correct charges. They keep on pushing some arbitrary number without no explanation, which I could show was wrong. 

Catch all remedy ..."Wait for next month bill". Really...

I guess switching to verizon was a mistake and I pay with a ding on credit score and hours of inconvenience talking to billing reps.

0 Likes
angie666
Enthusiast - Level 2

Catch all remedy ..."Wait for next month bill". Really...

I agree with this statement.  They keep telling me this every time I call & a new bill shows up with the same amount.  A charge that I did owe, due to cancellation without a contract.  It is VERY frustating dealing with Verizon.  I worst mistake I ever made in my life.  Good luck to you.

0 Likes
Rcortez1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate verizon...I have been on the phone for about two week with them....1 to 2 hours each time I call...I get to speak anywhere from 3-6 people all the time. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. I recently got additional packages including Fios....and now my balance online is not showing. I can just ignore it and not pay, but it might affect my credit. For some reason the online account department or web department even billing, even managers have NO CLUE....what is going on. I believe that is so typical of Verizon...the people that work in Verizon are the ones that give a bad reputation to the company. I can't get any other services around my house. Verizon seemed to have bought the area and not even AT&T can provide me services. I have veirzon and very soon, will can cancel my account.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Rcortez, 

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
DJH1231

We dropped Comcast due to rising cost and so,so product.  I placed an order on line in November and planned installation in late December knowing I would be have time off during the holidays. I received a message after signing up to contact the credit department to finalize installation, I called and the rep said I was all set.  The day before the install I called to double check the arrangements and was told my order had been cancelled.  The rep must have hit the wrong key!

I had to reorder etc. and my online package was not available by phone!!!  After hours of calling including one rep hanging up on me I was able to speak with a supervisor who ended up giving me a $50.00 credit on my first bill.

She never made any record of that in my account I figure she wanted to get me off the phone,  They also said the applied a number f credits to my account to make it the same as my online offer.

When my first bill arrived it was $80.00 higher than it was supposed to be.  I spent 45 minutes on the phone and got it to within a few dollars of what it should be.

Month two was more of the same.  I went through  the story of the $50. 00 credit and the rep said she put it in for approval, still waiting for approval I guess but I assume I will find out when I call to get my next bill corrected.

I tried to find an email for customer service but it seems as if they have done everything they could to make it very hard if not impossible to make a formal written complaint (paper trail) or contact anyone other than the (mostly) rude and ignorant rep on the phone.  I was promised a call back from a supervisor with in 24 to 48 hours, that was over a month ago and no one ever called.

The tech that installed was great and helpful and the picture is great but the trade off is the worst customer service I have ever experienced any where, any time in my entire life and what really scares me is that I don't think the company could care less.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@DJH123 wrote:

We dropped Comcast due to rising cost and so,so product.  I placed an order on line in November and planned installation in late December knowing I would be have time off during the holidays. I received a message after signing up to contact the credit department to finalize installation, I called and the rep said I was all set.  The day before the install I called to double check the arrangements and was told my order had been cancelled.  The rep must have hit the wrong key!

I had to reorder etc. and my online package was not available by phone!!!  After hours of calling including one rep hanging up on me I was able to speak with a supervisor who ended up giving me a $50.00 credit on my first bill.

She never made any record of that in my account I figure she wanted to get me off the phone,  They also said the applied a number f credits to my account to make it the same as my online offer.

When my first bill arrived it was $80.00 higher than it was supposed to be.  I spent 45 minutes on the phone and got it to within a few dollars of what it should be.

Month two was more of the same.  I went through  the story of the $50. 00 credit and the rep said she put it in for approval, still waiting for approval I guess but I assume I will find out when I call to get my next bill corrected.

I tried to find an email for customer service but it seems as if they have done everything they could to make it very hard if not impossible to make a formal written complaint (paper trail) or contact anyone other than the (mostly) rude and ignorant rep on the phone.  I was promised a call back from a supervisor with in 24 to 48 hours, that was over a month ago and no one ever called.

The tech that installed was great and helpful and the picture is great but the trade off is the worst customer service I have ever experienced any where, any time in my entire life and what really scares me is that I don't think the company could care less.

0 Likes