FIOS installation deposit never refunded -- now going on 6 months since order was cancelled
jimpmc

I had placed an order for a FIOS installation in September, 2012.  A deposit of $375 was charged to my credit card at the time the order was palced and then 2 days later $125 was refunded back.  The net deposit I was charged on the American Express was thus $250.

The initial FIOS isntallation was scheduled for early November, 2012.  Then Hurricane Sandy hit, and it was rescheduled several more times into 2013.  Ultimately, Verizon cancelled the order without any installation done in early 2013 and the reps I spoke to afterwards were not able to reinstate the order. 

Since that time, I have been trying to get my $250 deposit refunded.  I have spoken to several reps and one has been communicating with me for the last 3 months mostly via email, but to no real avail.  Every time I receive a response it is that the Verizon system shows that the deposit was already processed, but no more details are ever provided.  It takes 2+ weeks to get any response with no progress except to state that it will once again be forwarded to the group that handles deposits.  I have provided copies of my American Express charges and all details.

To repeat, FIOS was never installed.  The only charges that have ever appeared on this card are the $375 intiial deposit charge and then $125 refunded back 2 days later.  $250 remains oustanding.  I have asked for escalation or the ability to speak with the deposit group directly, but neither has occurred.

3 solid months to investigate with no resolution is unacceptable!  How can this be resolved?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS installation deposit never refunded -- now going on 6 months since order was cancelled
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jimpmc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS installation deposit never refunded -- now going on 6 months since order was cancelled
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jimpmc,

We've had to close your private support case due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please create a public posting in this thread and we'll reopen your case and continue where we left off.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
tanman809

Hello Verizon,

I am having the same problem.  I canceled my subscription this last August for Fios , Cable, and Phone and I am now wondering about my deposit refund of which there has been no mention.  I called verizon the other day, took care of my last payment (I believe this was the only late payment on the account), and inquired about my deposit refund.  I literally got shuffled around between two departments and agents that had no idea what they were talking abut, until after like transfer number 5 I was disconnected.  I called back only to have someone tell me that it takes one whole year to get my refund.  I asked for a copy of my contract agreement to verify this absurd notion and they put me on hold again until they told me that it is available online on my account.  I went onto my account today to pay that last payment and could not find a copy of my agreement anywhere!

It almost seems like there was some sort of script practiced by the call centers that reads as follows: switch departments and act like you do not know what they are talking about, after 5 transfers, hang up or tell them to go online.  Of course this is made up but that is how Verizon is making me feel after this very bad experience.

Today I went on to try and chat with an agent only to find that chat is disabled at this time.  That's just great.

My whole family and I have been verizon costomers for many years and my fiance recently added to you as well.  I never thought your customer service could be this bad!  Please fix this Verizon and 1.) Have someone that knows what they are talking about give me a truthful answer as to when I can expect my deposit back. 2.) Send me a copy of my fios contract agreement.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello tanman809

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
tanman809

I do not understand your directions on how to access a private message board.  I just searched all over the place.  I found private messages center, but there are none in my inbox.  I also found the two entries for my post and your response in my profile, and when I click on them it enters some sort of weird view mode where I cannot post a reply.  Please specify on where exxactly I go after clicking on my profile name next to my message.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Click on your name beside your post. This will take you to your profile page. Once there, you'll see right at the top in the middle, a section called "My Support Cases".   Under that title you will see a thread with the same subject as your post. Click that, and it will take you to the private support case board where an agent is waiting to hear from you.

0 Likes
tanman809

I clicked on my username next to my post with the little identifier picture.  The page it brings me to has NO link titled "My Support Cases" or anything even like it anywhere on the page it brings me to from what I can find.  Below you will fin d a screenshot of the page I am brought to when I click in my name as directed.  When I click on either message listed in the picture, it bring me into some weird sort of view mode where I can only read but not post with the messages.  Please help me, maybe this would be easier through some other mode such as email, chat, etc.image

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I can see the My Support Cases on your profile page. You are in the right location, but I suggest you clear your cache, and if that does not work, please try another browser.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tanman809,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with your deposit or ever need help with anything else please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes