FIOS is NOT as bad as all the neh sayers on here will have you believe....
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOOK I'm a skeptic, I liked my old faithful, but here is my story:  If you thinking of joining or your thinking of leaving:  read this 1st please:

I was with the Big C for over 12 years!  I worked in tech support for tv and billing for 3 years for them.....so I get the call center enviroment issues.

I made the switch as Fios JUST got completed in our neighborhood, been waiting for a year and was soo excited, got the trip play....got the install last tuesday, FABULOUS installer, Chris,  who cleaned up the mish mash of wires and did a beautiful job redoing and getting it JUST perfect that my OCD husband was impressed as heck....BUT then I realized how many stations I was missing, the VOD library wasn't as full, internet issues and needing to run 2 routers to accomodate and the Big C made me an offer I thought I couldn't refuse!  

I called on Monday and got this awesome guy Michael, listened to what I was saying and then went at it...by the time he was done, well, he had me at hello!  POINT TO FIOS

So then today, i've been having this herendous issue with not getting on the internet, getting the DNS google page error, and was JUSt at the end of my rope (i'll admit it, I was in tears) I called and got Kevin, who then had me do some switching of the routers, some testing, etc and VIOLA, I'm up and running and then he showed me how to take advantage of the fast speeds I'm getting...POINT TO FIOS

THEN, my multi room dvr came today, so I'm hooking it up, I knew I would need more than just the normal activation, so I called in, presto, Brian had me up and running in no time, told me all about the multi room, up to 7 shows at a time can record...NO WAY?  Oh, boy and I thought DVR was better than sliced bread, NOT...this is awesome....POINT TO FIOS....

Well you KNOW that I'm pleased as punch, will be sticking around.

You won't ALWAYS get the best of the best like I have, but they are good, they work hard to get you on the right track....just experience it for yourself, you won't be disappointed!

P.S.  Notice how I remembered everyones names?  Well, I NEVER remember names unless that person totally impresses me....so they sure did!

Re: FIOS is NOT as bad as all the neh sayers on here will have you believe....
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • Correction on the DVR statement.....you can record two shows at one time and watch one or the other.....sorry for the mis insertion there.
0 Likes
bubbabubba1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What division do you work for at Verizon?

0 Likes
JRCarey
Enthusiast - Level 1

@bubbabubba wrote:

What division do you work for at Verizon?

lol Seems fishy indeed

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1
Humarock, your experience is not unique.  I have had essentially the same experience:  excellent products, great install techs, quality tech service, and at least reasonable billing experiences.  No complaints here.
Pfeifbeer

I've been FIOS customer for over 3 years. The only thing keeping me from returning to Comcast is the number of places I'd have to change my e-mail address. This weekend I plan on gradually switching all to gmail, or yahoo e-mail. Once finished, it's back to Comcast. I have been on the phone with Verizon with service issues, install issues 3 - 4 trips to get everything working.  (finally had to give up on having a home phone) , 3rd party charge issues (which were authorized by someone in my household that placed a service call that has no connection to my account)  billing issues (have not had the same bill amount two months in a row) for more time than I've been on the phone with my own mother.  The internet service gets slower and slower, the solution is to pay more for faster speeds.  I have to disable the firewall (that I pay $8.99 per month for ) to browse the internet, VOD is down more than it's up.  You can't imagine how many friends, who are Comcast customers, have asked me about Verizon and their service.  I can't with a clean concious recommend them to anyone.....All are still Comcast customers.

0 Likes
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't work for any cable company currently, but DID work for the competitor for 3 years in their cable technical and billing support call center.   

0 Likes
MikeK11
Enthusiast - Level 1

My first year with verizon was not too bad either.....well at least after i repaired all the damage that their installation crew did to mhy sprinkler system after putting the cables exactly where I told them not to.   Problems started after the renewals when they cut channels and raised prices despite assuring me when I renewed that "nothing would change".   Enjoy this year, more fun is to follow.

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Pfeifbeer wrote:

I've been FIOS customer for over 3 years. The only thing keeping me from returning to Comcast is the number of places I'd have to change my e-mail address. This weekend I plan on gradually switching all to gmail, or yahoo e-mail. Once finished, it's back to Comcast. I have been on the phone with Verizon with service issues, install issues 3 - 4 trips to get everything working.  (finally had to give up on having a home phone) , 3rd party charge issues (which were authorized by someone in my household that placed a service call that has no connection to my account)  billing issues (have not had the same bill amount two months in a row) for more time than I've been on the phone with my own mother.  The internet service gets slower and slower, the solution is to pay more for faster speeds.  I have to disable the firewall (that I pay $8.99 per month for ) to browse the internet, VOD is down more than it's up.  You can't imagine how many friends, who are Comcast customers, have asked me about Verizon and their service.  I can't with a clean concious recommend them to anyone.....All are still Comcast customers.

Some folks have all the fun.  Why does it always seem to be the case that folks never have only one issue, but tens (or is it hundreds) of issues that never seem to go right?  I myself have been using the FiOS service for only 3 months, but during that time everything seems to be working perfectly.  Something must be seriously wrong. eh?

Does this mean that eventually those monsters hidden deep within the bowels of Verizon will realize that I must be punished for this happiness?  Well, as Old 43 used to say, "Bring It on."  In the interim, I will continue to enjoy what is perhaps the most technically advanced system available, saving perhaps $60.00 per month over my old Comcast/ATT/Vonage subscriptions.

Justin46
Legend

@armond_in_nj wrote:

Some folks have all the fun.  Why does it always seem to be the case that folks never have only one issue, but tens (or is it hundreds) of issues that never seem to go right?  I myself have been using the FiOS service for only 3 months, but during that time everything seems to be working perfectly.  Something must be seriously wrong. eh?

Does this mean that eventually those monsters hidden deep within the bowels of Verizon will realize that I must be punished for this happiness?  Well, as Old 43 used to say, "Bring It on."  In the interim, I will continue to enjoy what is perhaps the most technically advanced system available, saving perhaps $60.00 per month over my old Comcast/ATT/Vonage subscriptions.

Good post! Love your positive attitude. Just keep in mind that some things are bound to go wrong over time, hopefully nothing serious.

My experience with Verizon goes back 32+ years, first with GTE for phone only and now Verizon. And just about 7 years ago I installed FiOS internet and phone, and in Sept. it will be 7 years with FiOS TV. During that time, sure, I have had a few problems, most actually involved getting my new Verizon email straightened out in the first 3 months or so. After that, very reliable services - phone, internet, and TV. When I compare my Verizon experience to my previous cable company, it is night and day difference.

Hope you have continued success with FiOS.

Keller, TX 76248