FIOS Mobile Registration different than Verizon.com registration?
JF_DC

In advance of an upcoming move, I logged-in to MyVerizon/verizon.com using a username and password that I've had for years. I used the 'moving' UI and set-up triple play service with FIOS at our new address. (Had previously used Verizon just for land-line phone service and a wireless account on an iPad.)

The system allowed me to move my current phone number and I was able to confirm new digital phone, internet and TV service based on the FIOS system, which was confirmed available at our new address. The only thing I needed to talk to a live customer service rep about was paying the install tech to add new TV outlets to the house. All this was completed while logged-in to my Verizon on-line account, as I am now.

At the end of our conversation he said I could download the FIOS Mobile app and start previewing programming services, using the order number and new zip code for our soon-to-be-moved account. I downloaded the app, entered the order no. + zip, and was asked to login or create a new account. The app accepted my verizon.com login, but then denied access to streaming content with error code HBA_9.

"Invalid Customer. To stream live TV, you must have FIOS TV service. Pleaes try again after ordering these services. You can get more information at verizon.com/myverizon."

The order for FIOS service is confirmed and the physical installation scheduled. I have an active verizon.com account that shows my billing. When I click in the email confirming my new FIOS order, the verizon.com system auto-logs me in to my current account. Do I need to connect this login to the FIOS system in some way? Cancel this active account in favor of a new one? How will that give me access to my current billing or order information? Am I meant to have TWO Verizon online accounts at the same time?

Something doesn't make sense here. Thanks for any practical advice.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile Registration different than Verizon.com registration?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are seperate and for FIOS services you must NOT use the FIOS Wireless id.  I once had them the same ID and you don't want to know how many problems that caused.  Definitely use a differrent ID.

And that account must be active.  I don't think it is until the install is done.  Certainly I wouldn't what to start paying bills for FIOS TV until its installed.

0 Likes