Fios service intermittent disconnections after upgrading
Skorp22

I was told by Customer service that I need to upgrade my 85 Mbps internet because the Actiontec router is old and Verizon cannot easily do remote diagnosis.  So I agreed to upgrade to 300 Mbps and I got a G3100 router and Extender.  After the upgrade we started to experience intermittent disconnections (2 to 5 times a day) of TV and Internet service at the same time, looses signal and then comes back up within 10 seconds.  I called customer service and she guaranteed that the problem will go away if I upgrade to 1GB speed so I agreed to upgrade again.  However, the problem did not go away.  I called customer support on many occasions already and during each session with the tech, I was asked to power off/on the G3100, and he said he will reboot the router and the ONT and promises that my problem will go away.  However, till now (it’s been 2 months), we are still having the problem.   Another issue I am experiencing is I get random disconnects (3-6 times a day) on my Cisco AnyConnect VPN during my work hours.  I never had these issues before the upgrade.  Please advise on my next steps aside from constantly calling customer support for them to reboot the router and ONT and problem persists.

0 Likes
Re: Fios service intermittent disconnections after upgrading
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Skorp22,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes