Former Verizon customer transferred to Frontier - need to discuss billing charge
Gigi110

My husband and I have had Verizon (or its predecessor company) for 20 years.  We live in Texas and were switched to Frontier Communications in April.

Prior to this switch, beginning last December, we called Verizon in the hopes of lowering our monthly bill.  We spent hours on the phone, trying to work with Verizon's customer service team to try to get our service requirements in place.  It took numerous phone calls - including to the corporate office - but alas, the service was still not what we asked for - and our bill was higher!

We were switched to Frontier, and when I received our last bill, I almost had a heart attack - it was $ 428.62!  When I called Frontier, we walked through the charges which included not only pro-rated charges, but all sorts of different charges for for the "changes" I'd made, charges I don't feel like I should pay since the customer service team was inept.

The $428.62 bill included a $253.88 charge - and Frontier says this is a Verizon charge and I would have to call you.  I have been trying to find a phone number or SOMEONE to speak to, but any Verizon number I dial from home or my (non) Verizon cell phone is recognized as a Texas number and an automated voice tells me to call Frontier.  I've been going in circles trying to reach someone.

I work from home, and my second line is very important to me.  I can't tell you how frustrated I am with the inability of Verizon's customer service team to get my account right during almost weekly calls before we were switched over.  Now, I'm frustrated AND angry that I've had to spend valuable work days to try to find SOMEONE with Verizon who can help me.

I am hoping someone with Verizon can contact me to discuss the $253.88 charge on my bill.  I really am frustrated, and hope to avoid filing a formal complaint about Verizon's poor business practices with the BBB, FTC and FCC.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from someone who has the knowledge and authority to discuss my overcharge.

0 Likes
Re: Former Verizon customer transferred to Frontier - need to discuss billing charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gigi1,

Because the account has been transferred, all inquiries need to be directed to Frontier, which now has responsibility for the account.

0 Likes
Re: Former Verizon customer transferred to Frontier - need to discuss billing charge
Gigi110

Thank you for your prompt response, but Frontier has told me the $253.88 charge is NOT a Frontier charge. 

It is a carryover from Verizon and Frontier cannot tell me what that charge is for.  

That is a lot of money for me, as a small business owner. 

It would be nice if you'd at least look at my bill and have someone contact me.  What is it for?  I paid all my bills on time - there were no outstanding charges carried over from Verizon to Frontier.

May you please elevate this to a service agent?

Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gigi1,

All billing issues or concerns with accounts now with Frontier need to be resolved through Frontier.  We suggest contacting them again and requesting that your issue be escalated.

0 Likes
Gigi110

I will make another attempt, but how would the Frontier rep know what VERIZON charges are? 

YOU were my company when these charges occurred - NOT Frontier.

Please advise.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please refer to the "Frontier Transition" section of the Frontier Residential FAQs here:

0 Likes
Gigi110

Thank you.  I will try this link. 

0 Likes
Gigi110

I have communicated with Frontier, and it appears it is an overpayment for features I did not have when the account was transferred over.   My account was paid up to date - there should not have been a "balance forward."

So, Verizon, this happened on your watch.  Is there not some sort of transition team handling these types of issues?

0 Likes
Gigi110

My issue is not resolved so I am not going to mark it as resolved.  I've doubled paid under YOUR (Verizon) watch and Frontier can't do anything about it.  

My last question to you was not answered.   That is - isn't there some sort of transition team to handle these gray areas?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Not to our knowledge. Frontier assumed your account and all liabilities associated with it on April 1st. Even though the charges in question initiated with Verizon, you are now a Frontier customer and Frontier has the action to resolve the billing issue in question

0 Likes