Fraudulent Charges On My Bill
SociallyInept
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have fradulent charges on by bill for this month and I'm not to happy about the situation.  It shows a PURCHASE NOT A RENTAL of Alvin & The Chimpmunks twice at 10:55PM on one occasion (I don't know how it is possible to buy the same movie twice) and The Perks of Being A Wall Flower at 8:19pm on another ocassion.  I know for a fact my wife and I made neither of these purchases, but Verizon is billing us for both.  Many other people have made the same disputes in this forum and have even accused Verizon of fraudualently charging customers for services they did not purchase.  I can see where people might take adavantage of this situation, but I can honestly say on our end that we never purchased these titles and are very frustrated.  It seems that disputing charges with Verizon customer service is a nightmare as they will only admit to user error and take no responsibility on their end to correcting the mistake.  This has caused many customers of their service to part ways and find another alternative for their television and internet needs.  I do not know how to handle this situation as I already feel like it is counter productive to dispute these charges.  Should I just suck it up and pay the charges?  Or should I dispute the charges and have it notated on my record just in case this happens again.  Most likely I will be cancelling the services when I move next month and may even terminate my wireless cell service with them as well because of this matter.  Any feedback would be helpful!

Re: Fraudulent Charges On My Bill
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just cancel your Verizon account.  Their customer service representatives are terrible to deal with.  I am about to cancel my service for the same reason:  fradulent charges!

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@RBinDC wrote:

Just cancel your Verizon account.  Their customer service representatives are terrible to deal with.  I am about to cancel my service for the same reason:  fradulent charges!

RBinDC --

it looks like Verizon is trying to resolve your case here --

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account-Residential/charged-for-movie-i-did-not-purchase/m-p...

0 Likes
Re: Constant fraudulent charges from day one On My Bill
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes