FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER & HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
pointofview

I'M WRITING ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE NO ONE IN VERIZON WILL ADMIT THEIR FAULT AND FIX THE PROBLEM.

In March, I enrolled in a triple play bundle for $69.99 (Triple Play – FIOS Digital Voice Unlimited, FIOS TV select HD, FIOS Internet 50/25).  Since I didn't really need the TV set-up due to my circumstances, I said I'll pay for the service so I can get the discount but I don't need the SET TOP BOX.  Verizon Sales Representative confirmed that the I did not need to set it up until I needed it so I enrolled to all three services.

After a few days of enrolling in Verizon, I received a phone call from Verizon stating that I needed to set-up a set top box. I called Verizon to confirm it, and got a response stating that I did not need to set it up. Since then, I’ve been receiving multiple phone calls telling me that the set top box needed to be installed where I always called back and I received a confirmation stating that I didn’t need one. The last Verizon representative who I spoke to confirmed that I did not need the set-up box and if there was any problems in billing, just call back Verizon and it would be taken care of.

Two days ago, I received an email stating that my discounts will be discontinued due to the fact that I did not have a set top box. I did not want to have any more issues with my services so I called Verizon back and stated that I just want to set-up the box. The problem was that Verizon couldn’t offer the same price I agreed in March, and they would charge me approximately extra $30 for the same service. I declined because I don’t think it’s fair for me to pay more for Verizon’s internal miscommunication. If the Verizon representative didn’t give me a confirmation about not having a set top box, I would have just installed it in the first place.

I'm writing my frustation down on this forum so that SOMEONE in VERIZON will own upto their faults and help me to receive the original service I requested.

ALSO, I CALLED TO DISCUSS MY ISSUES WITH THE VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE (ESCALATED DEPT) SPOKE TO SOMEONE NAMED "FREDDY". HE WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND KEPT REPEATING WHAT HE WANTED TO SAY AND NOT LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF VIEW. VERIZON NEEDS TO TRAIN THEIR EMPLOYEES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE WORKING IN THE ESCALATED DEPARTMENT.   

0 Likes
Re: FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER & HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pointofview,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Pointofview,

We have not heard from you about this issue. any further questions please feel free to post here and let us know if we can assist further.

Josh

0 Likes
pointofview

I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM VERIZON.

THIS ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You must respond on your private support thread so the agent can help you. I believe they are still waiting for you to contact them via the private chat.

0 Likes
[UPDATE] RE: FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER & HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
pointofview

UPDATE on the original post below:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account-Residential/FRUSTRATED-CUSTOMER-amp-HORRIBLE-CUSTOME...

SO THE VERIZON REPRESENTATIVES DID NOT HELP AT ALL AND ON TOP OF THAT, THEY DIDN'T APOLOGIZE FOR THEIR MISTAKES.

Without the help of anyone in Verizon, I changed my plan on-line as two year agreement and just paid the extra fees associated with it. For all the potential users of Verizon, your words and documents will not matter because Verizon will not care. They will keep saying what they want and will only try to take your money. I will NEVER recommend Verizon and will be cancelling all my service (including mobile) for all my family members once the contract expires. 

THE WHOLE FORUM EXPERIENCE WAS USELESS AND WASTE OF MY TIME.

*************************************************************************************************************

I'M WRITING ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE NO ONE IN VERIZON WILL ADMIT THEIR FAULT AND FIX THE PROBLEM.

In March, I enrolled in a triple play bundle for $69.99 (Triple Play – FIOS Digital Voice Unlimited, FIOS TV select HD, FIOS Internet 50/25).  Since I didn't really need the TV set-up due to my circumstances, I said I'll pay for the service so I can get the discount but I don't need the SET TOP BOX.  Verizon Sales Representative confirmed that the I did not need to set it up until I needed it so I enrolled to all three services.

After a few days of enrolling in Verizon, I received a phone call from Verizon stating that I needed to set-up a set top box. I called Verizon to confirm it, and got a response stating that I did not need to set it up. Since then, I’ve been receiving multiple phone calls telling me that the set top box needed to be installed where I always called back and I received a confirmation stating that I didn’t need one. The last Verizon representative who I spoke to confirmed that I did not need the set-up box and if there was any problems in billing, just call back Verizon and it would be taken care of.

Two days ago, I received an email stating that my discounts will be discontinued due to the fact that I did not have a set top box. I did not want to have any more issues with my services so I called Verizon back and stated that I just want to set-up the box. The problem was that Verizon couldn’t offer the same price I agreed in March, and they would charge me approximately extra $30 for the same service. I declined because I don’t think it’s fair for me to pay more for Verizon’s internal miscommunication. If the Verizon representative didn’t give me a confirmation about not having a set top box, I would have just installed it in the first place.

I'm writing my frustation down on this forum so that SOMEONE in VERIZON will own upto their faults and help me to receive the original service I requested.

ALSO, I CALLED TO DISCUSS MY ISSUES WITH THE VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE (ESCALATED DEPT) SPOKE TO SOMEONE NAMED "FREDDY". HE WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND KEPT REPEATING WHAT HE WANTED TO SAY AND NOT LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF VIEW. VERIZON NEEDS TO TRAIN THEIR EMPLOYEES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE WORKING IN THE ESCALATED DEPARTMENT.  

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pointofview,

We do apologize we couldn't get credits approved for you. Let us know if you ever need help with anything else in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes