Frustration with Installation
JaimeTW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was very disappointed with how Verizon handled my initial installation of service.  As soon as I signed my new apartment lease, I scheduled an installation appointment for two weeks later when I moved.  Then, days later, I received a call from Verizon saying that the previous tenant in my unit had not yet cancelled his service so I had to show them proof of my lease.  It found this a bit strange but nevertheless, faxed my lease.  I never received confirmation from the Verizon rep so the day before my appointment, I called Verizon  to confirm my morning scheduled time from 8a-12p.  I was told that all paperwork was in place and that the appointment was a go. 

As I could not take off from work, I asked my nanny to stay in my apartment to wait for Verizon's arrival.  After 12p passed, I called Verizon who told me that the technician was probably delayed and would arrive within the hour.  They were unable to contact him and tell me anything for sure.

When 2:30 rolled around and no one had come, I again called Verizon.  At this point, the representative told me that due to the previous tenant's ongoing contract they would need to reschedule the appointment.  I told them this was completely unacceptable as I had already sent through my lease and heard from two different reps that my appointment was a go.  After HOURS of back and forth with the rep who had to speak with a number of different internal contacts, I was rescheduled for an appointment the following day.  Which meant my nanny had stayed home with my daughter ALL DAY for absolutely no reason.

This was not a great introduction to Verizon FIOS and I am disappointed that I was not offered a discount on my first bill.  I believe I am entitled to some type of credit from Verizon considering the time wasted.